Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Amazing 😂. That looks just like my mallard, same size, shade, everything (except mine's domestic) Whats it like taking care of a wild one?
I have raised both and it was really no difference. They are still skittish to me whether they were wild or tame. I no longer have the wild ones but I still have my ones from Metzer. My one drake though is half wild and half Rouen and he is as calm as can be.

My wrong end baby is here
I can see why it never got turned. It’s the biggest one to hatch and maybe bigger then my day olds
Wow 😯
Might take it a bit to get the legs and feet moving as it was never in the air cell so had not much room and all twisted up. But seems to be doing just fine

Attachments

• 1DF69739-1B13-4A73-A40B-9D1E36E58206.png
    1DF69739-1B13-4A73-A40B-9D1E36E58206.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Amazing 😂. That looks just like my mallard, same size, shade, everything (except mine's domestic) Whats it like taking care of a wild one?
Pretty much the same as domestic ducks tbh. I didn't raise her myself, I got her from my friend after she had to move, but she found her when she was around 2 days old, and said it was pretty straight forward.
Honestly, the only difference is that she needs her wings clipped (occassionally) and she eats less than the large domestic ducks.

Poor girl once caught wind and begged me to get back inside the run when I got home. 🤣

I went outside. Still have to finish inside pics of two of them. Any name suggestions? One is darker, one has a lighter face and two lighter yellow spots on either side of their back, and the last ones head is closer to the lighter one, but the back is one color. The lighter one was the most interested in my phone. The middle one likes kisses the most (but they all do), and the darker one tries to get away from me. I used my phone since my camera was having trouble with being quick enough and bright enough at the same time. The pictures could be a little better but I wanted to bring them in when it started getting windy. It felt really nice outside though with the wind. Trying to get them all to face the same way is like trying to get a good picture of 3 toddlers together. I created a semicircle with branches and flowers. I had my sister with me just in case one got away. Does anyone know how the down color correlated to adult color?
1680382400708.jpeg
1680382609998.jpeg
1680382626344.jpeg
1680382640258.jpeg
1680382657276.jpeg
1680382672957.jpeg
1680382690024.jpeg
1680382703525.jpeg

I went outside. Still have to finish inside pics of two of them. Any name suggestions? One is darker, one has a lighter face and two lighter yellow spots on either side of their back, and the last ones head is closer to the lighter one, but the back is one color. The lighter one was the most interested in my phone. The middle one likes kisses the most (but they all do), and the darker one tries to get away from me. I used my phone since my camera was having trouble with being quick enough and bright enough at the same time. The pictures could be a little better but I wanted to bring them in when it started getting windy. It felt really nice outside though with the wind. Trying to get them all to face the same way is like trying to get a good picture of 3 toddlers together. I created a semicircle with branches and flowers. I had my sister with me just in case one got away. Does anyone know how the down color correlated to adult color?

Those photos are gorgeous!

I have raised both and it was really no difference. They are still skittish to me whether they were wild or tame. I no longer have the wild ones but I still have my ones from Metzer. My one drake though is half wild and half Rouen and he is as calm as can be.
Really? My mallard is much more friendly than my domestic ducks are so far.

Back
Top Bottom