Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I was letting Figgy have a swim in the shower while I was cleaning her area and noticed some pink bumps on her feet? Is this bumblefoot or something else? And how do I fix and prevent it?
View attachment 3745142
View attachment 3745144
In the first picture where you see pink that could develop into bumble just keep an eye on it. How's it going with treatment?

What are they walking on daily? Sometimes it doesn't matter but cement and things like that can cause bumble. I live in the mountains of NC which means rocks galore I could pick up every rock laying on the birds property and next rain more will wash up. Mine must have toughened their feet up becasue since 2004 I have only had one Runner with bumble, Chickens more so.

In the first picture where you see pink that could develop into bumble just keep an eye on it. How's it going with treatment?

What are they walking on daily? Sometimes it doesn't matter but cement and things like that can cause bumble. I live in the mountains of NC which means rocks galore I could pick up every rock laying on the birds property and next rain more will wash up. Mine must have toughened their feet up becasue since 2004 I have only had one Runner with bumble, Chickens more so.
Large pine shavings since the coop isn’t done being built yet. I haven’t been able to order treatment since my mom said I couldn’t until today since she was annoyed at me. It’ll be here in two days from Amazon

I get more abuse from my ducktators than wild swans and geese!
I was approached yesterday by a very large male Swan who walked up to me and asked politely for food. I obliged and he ate it from my hand with very good manners! He waited for his Mrs to eat some of the food left on the bank, and then they headed off.
I know this couple, they had 5 cygnets last year. Lovely family.
I turned around and was met by a small flock of geese, greylags. I had little food left for them, but they were lovely company anyway. My main mission is taking food to the abandoned muscovies, but sometimes I feed the wild birds too.
I also found a lovely pigeon, sat on my hand for a while.

None of these birds were rude, not even a little! I come home and it's "QUACK QUACK QUACK" at the top of their lungs, ordering me around :rant

Back
Top Bottom