Supposed to be a Black Star pullet

Rose_adamaj

Songster
Apr 6, 2023
Texas
Thank you to @NatJ for looking at an older post of mine & pointing out that this chicken is 3 months old.
Not Two months old. I think it’s a cockerel.

Can someone please confirm sex, if possible.
If anyone has a clue as to breed that would be appreciated!
IMG_5441.jpeg

Last edited:
Two months old. I think it’s a cockerel.
Can someone please confirm sex, if possible.
If anyone has a clue as to breed that would be appreciated!View attachment 3698911
Not a Black Star, and doesn't look like a pullet.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe a mix of some kind. Mixes sold by hatcheries usually have some kind of special name or purpose: Easter Eggers, Red Ranger, Calico Princess, etc. If it came from someone's backyard flock, it might be a mix without any specific purpose or special name.

Not a Black Star, and doesn't look like a pullet.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe a mix of some kind. Mixes sold by hatcheries usually have some kind of special name or purpose: Easter Eggers, Red Ranger, Calico Princess, etc. If it came from someone's backyard flock, it might be a mix without any specific purpose or special name.
I got it from TSC online. I think Hoover’s. Supposedly BS. And pullet.
No more roos. I will be putting meat in the freezer sooner than I expected. ☹️ I will wait at least one more month to be certain.
Thank you!

I got it from TSC online. I think Hoover’s. Supposedly BS. And pullet.
No more roos. I will be putting meat in the freezer sooner than I expected. ☹️ I will wait at least one more month to be certain.
Thank you!
In looking at hoover's website they have something they call "rainbow" and who knows what they mixed to get those but a few in the picture kind of resemble this one, if that's where it came from I'd suspect that might be what it is.

It is hard to tell for sure in a picture, but is this bird much larger than your other 8 week olds? Maybe a meat variety and the redness does point to cockeral.

Back
Top Bottom