1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Does Holm have a midget white? He seems to have one of everything for a kid.

BC I think it was very considerate of your DW to take the kids and leave the house so you could get those things done that make you feel so needed, I think him and I would get along great!

2. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    By the way, i should tell you guys my plan B for turkeys. If i can't sell DW on BBBs i will just order BBWs in place of one batch of CXs next year and see if she notices until it is much too late :)

She probably just think they were REALLY BIG chickens haha

3. duluthralphie

I did not have the heat turned on, I Was caught flat footed. I turned on one today and tomorrow I will put the submersible heaters in the barrels. I could try that bubble wrap around them that BC used in her coop. I could move the water inside the coop, but I wanted to avoid that.

4. duluthralphie

Have you always enjoyed sleeping on the couch?

2 people like this.
  5. duluthralphie

I am wondering what I will do with my turkeys next year. I had 2 toms and 4 hens this year and now have 22. of the 22, 12 are hens. I could end up with a lot of birds next year.

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Laundry? What laundry?!

Yes I have the good life. DH is spoiling me tonight taking on the teenagers.

Ah. Turkey talk. Ralphie I tell you what. I had a nice sandwich with Cajun turkey a couple weeks ago.

7. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Kloppers don't underestimate your bride. Lol

8. duluthralphie

We had Gordon Bleu" or however it is spelled. Judy made it from scratch using those huge breasts from the CX's. I am stuffed.

I think you need a black whatever Penguin is to complete your flock

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Like i say every time... I talk a big game :)

10. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Cordon bleu. Sounds delicious.

Penguin would get blackhead here. I'd be wiping sulfur looking poo off his fluff and 2 hours later he'd have x's in his eyes.

*sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by