Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    As far as I can figure with mine, whoever lays first gets to pick the box, and the rest just follow suit... So mine has no rhyme nor reason, they use them all, but only usually the same one on a given day. They are so silly.

It got here [​IMG]

Hahahah! [​IMG]

Mine also woke up to her own alarm clock from age 11 on as I wasn't there... But I hear you about the 4am hockey practices, and having to drive home from a game and wait at the arena until after midnight for the bus to come back so we could drive her home. Loved when she got her license! We got to drive straight home from the game, and she had to drive herself to early practice, and home from afternoon practice. Don't miss any of that (except watching her play) [​IMG]

Good plan![​IMG] I am, and will always be, your enabler. [​IMG] (sound familiar)

I think Kloppers is looking for some turkeys...

I would love to have a wood burning stove for ashes to add to my dusting areas.

Oh my goodness, they are getting to be little kids, always into trouble! [​IMG] so cute!

So I was eating supper, the puppy wanted my green beans. I told him to wait and I would get him some green beans when I was finished. He sat there all nice the rest of the time I was eating. The minute I put down my fork and was finished, he started barking. he wouldn't stop until I got up and got him some green beans. Sometimes he is too smart for his own good! man he loves those green beans! Stinker.
    [​IMG]
    My buddy.

2. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    OMG, these are wonderful!!!! love them all, but especially the piglet one!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    I probably owe you guys some kitten photos, but my iphone is in the shop for some warranty work. The camera's were taking very poor photos. The apple guy says that it looked like a bunch of crud was building up in the lens but fortunately it is covered under warranty. The bad news is that they had to mail it in for service, so i'm on an old crappy phone until then. The good news is that it should then take excellent photos for you guys :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Thanks for sharing a snippet of your farm crazy feathers. Nice photos and the little piglets are adorable.

Cluckies your buddy looks cozy tonight.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  6. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    That is the kind i have. spring loaded and no issues with leaks. I have 2 tapped into the bottom of several 5 gallon pails and use them for my broilers. they chickens learned very quickly to use it, so i have no doubt my layers would figure it out.

7. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG] and the thread maplebendfarmmn!

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Them be the ones!

I tired the gravity flow ones without the spring but they were junk. these work good when it is above freezing. I am going to experiment with them. I would think there should be enough heat in the water to keep them thawed. But as of today, it appears I think wrongly.

shawluvsbirds likes this.
  9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    Crazyfeather, I want those piglets too!

shawluvsbirds and KlopKlop like this.
  10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I have some of those without the springs, they leak like crazy! These are great, like you said.

shawluvsbirds likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by