Surviving Minnesota!

I found a leaked black friday ad for menards. I am a strong proponent of avoiding shopping on black friday but they have a log splitter on sale. tempting.......

A real man builds his own log splitter.....

bow.gif

BTW I do not own a log splitter.

My dad is loving his. He's wondering why he didn't do it sooner. If wood heat is going to be your fuel it may not be a bad deal.

We have one at the cabin, but it technically belongs to my buddy I own the cabin with. It takes a lot of work out of wood stoves, ,and at my advanced age I need it to avoid a major cardiac event that would leave Judy the winner of the life insurance lottery.

Guess I have to write to myself, not as good as reading with my coffee, but a guys has to do what a guy has to do..

Plans for the day.

Coffee
More coffee.

I need to place something over the waterer and feeder in the turkey area. They are sitting on them. dropping poop into the feed and the water. I thought I had it solved, I was wrong.

I need to work on those water cups to keep them from freezing. I may end up putting them inside the coops, but I really wanted to avoid that incase of a spill and to lower moisture levels.
I wonder if stacking straw bales around them would help. However, it would make filling the waterers harder.

I need to work on a new "coop" for Bert and the big gals.

I need to install a doorknob and lock on the door to the Quonset shed.

Well that is a longer list than I really need. I will not get more than one or two things done.

I would like to do dishes today, but I hate to take that joy from Judy, so I will have to live with them.

I need to move the bobcat into the shed. When it started raining the other night I was working on the bachelor pad and moving the roosters, and I left the bobcat right next to the pad. Then the cold hit yesterday and it was not plugged in. It is diesel and there is no way it will start without being plugged in, so I had to stretch a cord to it yesterday. Hopefully, it will start today. I hate leaving it out in the winter like this.

Oh and I need to rearrange or add more roosts to the turkey house.

Last edited:
You've got a busy day today.

20 degrees in the coop this morning. Why does my weather app say it is 45 out. This fruit phone is nuts. If it were 45 the inch of snow would not crunch and would not exist for that matter.

I took water down to the flock again this am.

They plowed through the feed yesterday. Actually the buckeye does. I'm always amazed at how much more feed they eat in the winter. Well obviously. But I'll need a run to the feed store this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom