Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Hey Bogtown Chick! The turkey thread was thinking about putting out an APP on Ralphie! Last we heard he was still in Tennessee...enjoying the weather & buying banjos. Then....nothing.....no Sasquatch down here....must be Taylor Swift! Which one of ya'll live closest to him? We need someone to kidnap Penguin & buy him a bus ticket to Memphis! Tried to get him to let the poor little guy ride shotgun down to Tennessee. But there was a bit of balking about taking a turkey on vacation. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Good luck on getting penguin! That's the Missus' turkey as you probably know. I'm not sure what he's up to... Maybe installing expensive lumber roosts in Taylor's jet.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    we should do a road trip down there, you can swing by and pick me up on your way! lol

Do it, Do it! [​IMG]

5. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    @memphis are you in Tennessee as well? We could go get JJ and Penquin (I'm fairly close) and ship them to you and you could bring them to Ralphie, so Ralphie isn't lonely, of course then Taylor and the Missus will be fighting over Penquin... we don't want to get in the middle of that! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  6. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN

So happy my chooks are happy at their new home with my aunt, uncle and cousins!! Like the coop?? It was fun to make!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hahaha, that's fun! Coop looks great!

8. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    BC, to answer your inquiry I have no plan at this time to sell any chicks or grown birds. I have never sold a bird, primarily because I don't want to deal with the additional time and complications it might entail.
    I have given excess/unwanted birds to Asians that are happy to have them, and at one time a young gentleman suggested that I increase production of a certain type of colorful rooster which is much desired for ceremonial purposes with his community. He said they would be in much demand at a high price?
    I rejected the offer, as my interest in poultry is not for financial reasons, and I don't want it to become so. When you turn fun into a job or profession it changes things in some ways that I don't wish to deal with.
    I have an agent who sells excess eggs in season, but to this point I have not sold eggs for hatching. In the future I may change my mind on some of this, who knows?

9. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Good morning! off to a christmas party today, I'm sure i'll be showing everyone my coop on my phone, someone always brings it up and I love to talk chicken, should be a fun day! I made crockpot cream cheese chicken dip to share, yummy! Didn't quite get all my Christmas cards made, guess i'll be mailing them again!

10. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Without Ralphie to spur us on, it seems we are lagging behind in our posting. At this time he is likely all run down from running from all the country stars that are chasing him? Or might it be that he has been dodging the swings of the rolling pin that Judy has been using to reprimand him?
    Whatever the case, it seems that he has lost focus on his poultry and his old Minnesota friends. If he keeps this up he may well have to move to Togo full time?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by