Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie Ralphie Ralphie, you know full well that Ameraucanas have a tail. It is Araucanas which do not.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Sorry, I had a brain fart, or damage from. Judy slapping and yapping for last 2 weeks in car.

3. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    I almost feel guilty right now, as my wife is out plowing and I am in the house on the confuser. In my defence, I did help her put the plow on and I have shoveled the sidewalks and porches twice.
    I am hoping this snow stays to cover my nursery beds in case it does get cold. The freeze and thaw process is difficult on the plants.
    I could go out and supervise the plowing but that might lead to social conflict?

1 person likes this.
  4. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Woe is the woman that picks up the pliers.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Knowing what I know now, I would not have them either.

But do not let the rest of you become discouraged and not buy my birds from me!

1 person likes this.
  6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I tell you what the whole Ameraucana, EE, Araucana racket really is something. When I first picked up my EE's at Fleet Farm they had them labelled as Araucanas. LOL. As a Newb back then I had already done enough research to know that that is what I wasn't getting. But I did question myself about it at the store and I can see why people get confused over it all. Lots of False advertising out there. Hahaha.

EJB I can see that you are spoiled too, by a good woman. You and Ralphie...I tell you what. You better be starting dinner for those nice ladies tonight or something. Get her a hot cocoa and a kiss when she comes in the very least.

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota

I am jealous of your plow worthy snow. We had about 5 flakes then nothing more. My plow and my snowmobile look so sad sitting on the gravel driveway with green grass all around

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    And kudos to your wife for getting out there in the plow! My DW has no problem staying in bed/inside while I handle the fun jobs like plowing and scooping out coops :)

Mind you i am not complaining as she is good about keeping up after laundry, dishes, and cleaning. It is a good deal for me! I still try to help out though with that stuff. I usually get folding duty :S

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

What is folding duty?

1 person likes this.
  10. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Folding clean laundry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by