Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Thought Ralphie was trying to set me up for a tree trimming/cutting class. and since he doesnt like to waste might as well have used it to decorate...

1 person likes this.
  2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Here is a picture of my Guinea hen on Death Row. I let her run wild today, during my soft moments. She has not been out in months.

As you can see she enjoys being carried. Her eyes show nothing but love for me.

[​IMG]

If I did not have her pinned she would gladly scratch my eyeballs out.

3 people like this.
  3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Lol. Hello there guinea girl.

Did a fluff check on a couple hens who had their fluff facing me tonight. No pepper flakes. That medicine is crazy good. Fingers crossed this and the next treatment are all I need to do. Woot. Woot.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie- You are among friends here. I consider you all my friends. I am sorry to hear about your extended family and his health. I will include him in our prayers. My dad had a health scare about 4 years ago. It was upsetting to say the least. Nothing compared to what your family is going through now. They are in our thoughts.

@holm25 we got the Hereford cows in early August already bred. Previous owner said they should calve in December he thought. Something I am a little apprehensive about but hoping because our winter has been warmer the calves should be ok. The Highlands should calve in March or April I think. I just got a Highland heifer in November (my cattle total is 3 now!!) and she may have been bred this August for the first time. Very exciting! We have 8 cows now (2 are mine and the rest are BILs) out in the pasture and our little bull calf in the barn.

@Bogtown Chick anytime my mother comes to visit (3 times this year eekkk!!) I go into this insane cleaning mode and clean things that don't even matter. I get so anxious to have her here I want the house to be beyond clean. My DH tells me everytime "we do live here the house can look like someone actually lives in it" My poor family! In fact I am expecting her this weekend. But I have managed to stay calm so far. I won't enter crazy mode until thursday probably. :)

I spent the day baking cookies. My girls have their piano christmas recital tomorrow night and we serve all kinds of goodie treats! Should be fun.

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Haha Rhett's. My own mom is pretty laid back about house cleaning. So when they come over I don't care too much.

MIL is very tidy so try to keep it up a bit more for them.

Christmas company friends well... I want the house nice. I've got my basement cleaned up. Got my balsam garland wired and hanging outside. 5 gallon bucket ice candelabras done. Food shopping tomorrow. Wrapped presents today. Getting there...today was a good productive day. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    2 people like this.
  6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    She is beautiful! She looks like a cranky old MIL, hahaha! you take such good care of your birds, even the ones who are a PITA. hooray!

ooohh, those are very cool! will they stay solid or do you have to store them in the freezer in this weather? I got some more Christmas cards made and mailed, running very late this year, still have more to make and mail [​IMG] Have to go shopping tomorrow myself, I hate shopping... but, what can you do?

7. So sorry about grampa in law, Ralphie. Way to young!!

Merry Christmas folks!! We are on the home stretch.

8. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    [​IMG]

Check out this fun Christmas card we got! So many of our friends and family enjoy our chickening hobby they like sending us chickens stuff :)

4 people like this.
  9. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

No No No. Not THAT Monticello. You know where Runnings is in Monticello, MINNESOTA. You say you go there. Well, this store is on the same side as Runnings right in the quadrant. LOL - LOL - LOL does that help? I can get an address for you. Am I helpful? ALWAYS

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Nope none of that rings a bell......

Is this one of those "fooFoo" stores? For some reason I cannot see them. I think it is a vision problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by