Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    This is for you Norwegians.. It is kind of cute/funny.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

In reality - my dh and I have kept it simple for quite a few years. I got him a book on the Hurricane of 1913 on the Great Lakes, a couple cigars for in the ice house and some Jack Fire. We really have everything we need and anything we want we go purchase - hence the Cabala's shopping spree with him. So I give you a hard time. Whatever thoughtful gift you give her will be perfect Ralphie.

3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    You should get a couple of photos of her and enter her in that molting contest, make sure you put on there molting in MN, in December! Yikes!

4. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more pics of my limited edition Blue muscovys. They even have Egyptian theme names!! And they could be yours!! They would make a great late Christmas gift for

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ivie: The verdict is in on that Winter Jack. It is delicious. I'm a total tea-totler --so not a huge drinker but-- I REALLY like it to sip on. Crazy good stuff. DH and I keep it pretty simple to. Christmas is for the kids. We do practical stuff once in a while like carpet for the basement or Sheet rock...stuff like that. I'm okay with it.

Those Candelabra's Cluckies have been holding their own. The entry is on the NW side of the house. Not a whole lot of sun there. But we've been getting down to the 20s at night and the high's have been low 30's so I was able to get the last 3 out of the bucket after 2 days of freezing them up outside. We have snow on the ground up here and I don't think we're as warm as you guys.

Ralphie: I'll have to watch your video a little later. Your guinea: Only a face that a 'father' could love. LOL.

Kloppers: I have friends that give me all sorts of chicken related stuff too. It seems to be a good talking point always with them and I think they secretly wish they had chickens.

6. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

I sure am talkative! You don't hear from me for a month and then I don't stop.

Just had this thought. My DH is getting ready to begin varmint hunting. He's really excited about this adventure and has purchasing the supplies i.e., Garmin GPA, wildlife caller, rifle and all that stuff. Well, coyotes is one of the varmints, which you probably already knew. We have some land up near Aitkin plus all the forest area up there. But we live near St. Cloud. Do any of you want a varmint hunter kind of like pheasant and deer hunters? I just thought I would throw it out there in case you want to take advantage of him.

Now I am probably in trouble with someone out there because he is hunting. I am not intending to offend anyone - honest.

1 person likes this.
  7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Either that or we are secretly known as the 'crazy chicken people' to everyone :)

8. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

9. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

2 people like this.
  10. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    They call me the bird lady. Not sure if that is a good thing or not? But I don't mind cause I am the crazy chicken lady.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by