Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Can't win if you don't play. So they say...

1 person likes this.
  2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    What a fool... some people just dont value their own life. Darwin was right about at least some things...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    I didn't see them as they flew over, I've seen trumpeters here before. Must have been them, maybe leaving because the lakes finally froze over? [​IMG]

5. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    we got enough snow today yet that i had to plow again this evening. just got in from that and working on the darn snowmobile to sit down for a bowl of spicy chili and a warm up.

I think i figured out my sled. The throttle cable had come disconnected from the lever somehow and I think it must have some kind of safety switch to disable the ignition if that happens. I had no spark from the engine and i was fearing the worst until i bumped the throttle lever and it was loose. A lucky and happy find. I flooded the darn thing out trying to get it running so i am letting it sit while i eat in hopes i will be able to move it after dinner and finish plowing. The darn thing is right in the middle of my driveway spur where i push all the snow from in front of the garage. but hey! at least i figured it out hopefully!

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

We started playing that over 40 years ago, I hate to quit now that one of us is so close to winning!

8. KlopKlop

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Ralphie, you need to watch the movie Free Birds. It is a movie about 2 turkeys who go back in time to get turkey off the thanksgiving menu for all time. It is hilarious!

9. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop

It's an ice chisel welded to a long metal handle . Has a bit of rope at the end of the handle to wrap around your wrist.

Oh my gosh I laughed out loud on that one Erli. Love it! Roflmao!!!!

10. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, it would have been better perhaps if you had said that Judy would test the ice first due to the fact that she is only half as heavy as you ?
    There has been much less snow up in the Togo area than around Duluth, so that will be of benefit in ice formation. If your lake is spring fed, there may be thin spots yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by