Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    BC I know what you are talking about when you say you feel like you dont belong somewhere... Knowone is that nice too me on other threads as they are on this thread. The only reason I stay on those threads is for the pics and to help the newbies that the "experts" are too good to help.

1 person likes this.
  2. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Hi All just thought i would ck in,, its been awhile but have been super busy allot going on... there is NO WAY i can catch up on all the reading over 400 posts OMG you guys have been busy also... hope everyone is well and Happy...

3. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    My girls definitely have been eating less with the cold. One day the heated bowl got unplugged and it must have froze up quick. They didnt eat all day. I broke the ice and refilled it, they proceeded to guzzle water then go gorge themselves. If they dont have water (or wont go outside to drink it) they will eat less.

GOod to hear from you!!!

4. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    COFFEE!!! Glad to see you back for a bit. Yes we have been posting alot... But as u see Ralph doesn't complain about not having posts to read with coffee!! Did u get the farm??

5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Hi Coffee: We were wondering about you a bit yesterday and then the topic got into "man training" from there. Hahaha.[​IMG]

So you didn't really miss much there. We talked a bit about Togo and Bena. And Berries, Poisonous berries for Ralphie because he spoke out of church regarding Judy.... LOL. Let's see A Creamette scratched his face. Maybe deserved. Sasquatch was revisited.

Oh! And Rhetts is calving.

And Holm is a genious. LOL.

J/K Holm....I just can't let it go....[​IMG]

6. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    @Rhetts do u have a baby yet?? I am excited to see pics when it comes!! If not today I hope it comes tomorrow!!

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Any "BEANS" to spill Coffee???

Glad to see your back.

It must be the semi-warmer cold day that is goofing up the chickens. MY BA rooster is sleeping in a nest box. His Comb looks so bad I left him there, I felt sorry for him. MY Barred rock was acting weird today. She was sort of drunk like and I caught her eating snow when she was about 10 ft from the heated fount.

I got no Eggs from the CXs, but they were In the new coop! I kind of look gingerly at each group to make sure I do not have a dead one. Spring cannot come too soon for me.

8. holm25

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I regret calling myself a genious!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I love this thread. I can get away woth calling myself a genious and not have someone get after me!

9. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Did i miss a post from Rhetts? Is the calf coming/or here?? last i heard the hips were widening. I have been assuming her radio silence meant she was busy watching her calf being born?!?

10. Good to hear from you.
    They have been going gang busters. No way I can keep up either.
    Hope the new house and all the work that entails is going good. Keep that new boy working!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by