Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. crazyfeathers

crazyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2013
    Auburndale, Wi
    Coffee 1st love the shower/spa idea to house a chicken!
    Ralphie im with you on the g-kids situation, i watch my 2 year old grandson every day. He has done chores with me since the age of 3 months I just bundled him up real good in the winter/fall and now he is a professional chicken attendant. He can throw a bucket of scratch like a champ and reach down to give the girls a quick pet. His illnesses have been few and i am a firm believer in building immunities as well as good hygiene. [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7172980/width/350/height/700[/I
    Beautiful day today 40 degrees. Well time to layer rhe future chicken farmer down for his nap.
    [IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7172989/width/350/height/700
    This is our shepherd/lab 135 pounds of all bark and no bite dog Buddy, 9 years old and just was treated for lymes but doing much better at first he couldn't even get up but the first day with medication show remarkable improvement.

1 person likes this.
  2. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Happy to hear that your Buddy is improving ..

3. Coffee 1st

Coffee 1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2015
    Well I took out the dog kennel and put in a makeshift roost so she is not sitting in her poop. And she does not just stay in there and not eat or drink.. [​IMG]. [​IMG]

4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    What a cutie! I'm on my phone, but are those tiny little cute cowboy boots or hiking type boots? Awwww
    So glad your pup is feeling better. I our Shephard mix also had Lymes. He did fine after treatment.
    Nice job on that roost, and she seems to like it!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    great photos crazyfeathers. I love his little ropers!

There's nothing like a roost to make a chicken feel like a chicken Coffee. She looks good up there. Bless her.

6. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

November Free Rangers today.
    I had to bribe them. Some wanted to stay in the run. But Tootsie brought a few girls with him.

Cold snow on their feet and aerial predators I'm sure have the others more comfortable in the run for now.

7. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop

8. Cluckies

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Wonderful, Mine were out today too we are snow free now, unless it is always in shade.
    [​IMG]
    Little windy, was blowing up poor goose's saddle. hahaha My BO Cluck-Cluck's comb and some of her feathers are dirty, everything sticks to that bag balm

1 person likes this.
  9. Bogtown Chick

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I think she's talking about the premier brand of chick Warmers which don't use light. Another brand of those is brinseas Eco-Glo .

I read a review on the premier that it sometimes got a bit too warm. Like it would be stable at first but then have fluctuations or something. It's too bad because I think the brinseas is quite a jump in price and it would be nice if there was a quality equivalent at a nice price.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  10. MinnesotaNice

MinnesotaNice Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    Minnesota
    Much appreciated! We worked pretty hard on it. And, to be honest, if it weren't for the great Minnesota folks on here, I don't know if the results would have been the same. I learned a ton and keep learning from everyone everyday.

[​IMG]

We stacked a bunch of hay bales in the back for added insulation and to reduce the space a bit. Cuts it back 3-4ft. However, now they ditched the nest boxes and somehow found places to lay within the bales. I took this yesterday as we were re-organizing them. Poor girls thought we were going to let them outside...can you tell? Lol

The Charlie Brown tree definitely adds some flair to the run!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by