Surviving Minnesota!

6E5334EC-9F14-497B-A59F-A63180EB5E6C.jpeg

What a community of people I have here. Salt of the earth you all are. Thank you for birthday wishes. My friend Carolyn who took my pullet and sweet 5 year old henopause gorgeous lavender Pearl— my last two chickens— sent me this picture of Pearl wishing me a happy birthday. How do you love a photo 10 times?! Jerry she loves that Pearl as much as I do. You have great birds my friend. Thank you also for the golden delicious seeds!!!

2310CA86-7A6A-4D44-A472-5558BBFCD75C.jpeg

Here is also Bob eyeing up that darn guinea.

Ralphie what kind of prize did you’win’ on my birthday....ahem

Been seeing likes on the chickadee thread again. Omg reread and I had to hold it together at my desk. So darn funny...

View attachment 2526524

What a community of people I have here. Salt of the earth you all are. Thank you for birthday wishes. My friend Carolyn who took my pullet and sweet 5 year old henopause gorgeous lavender Pearl— my last two chickens— sent me this picture of Pearl wishing me a happy birthday. How do you love a photo 10 times?! Jerry she loves that Pearl as much as I do. You have great birds my friend. Thank you also for the golden delicious seeds!!!

View attachment 2526525

Here is also Bob eyeing up that darn guinea.

Ralphie what kind of prize did you’win’ on my birthday....ahem

Been seeing likes on the chickadee thread again. Omg reread and I had to hold it together at my desk. So darn funny...
Happy Birthday Good Job GIF
happpy birthday!

Well I squished a egg in my coat pocket yesterday . Nothing wants to work right in this cold . Too cold to start the log splitter or tractor . 4 wheel drive on truck did not want to engage but finally did . Then did not disengage . Had to bring truck into warmth . After awhile it disengaged . A little snow overnight .

Ralphie details about what you won .

I won a new fish house. It came with a new magnifying glass for my vexilar. A nice Rod case. Mounted tip up holders.

I have been searching for over a year for a fish house. I have went full circle trying to figure out which kind of house I should enter a lottery for.

I would like a wheel house, but so many of the lakes I fish are not plowed, or the ice is not thick enough to support a wheel house and my heavy truck until late season.

I looked at skid houses, but unless a person lives right on the lake they are hard to use. Loading and unloading off a trailer is not a one person job. I fish alone most the time.

With both the skid and wheel house I would need to get the house and a ATV to the lakes.

So I was stuck with a portable. I have the Eskimo hub house, but it is small, and goes up fast, But carrying everything I need with is a pain. The doors are small and not great for older people.

I looked at the Eskimo 450XD Or 650XD. They solve the space and door problems. But not the stuff I need with me problem.

Which left flip houses. I have never had one. But they seem to be okay. I have some rich friends that have a nice double flip house. It’s fast to go up and has lots of room. They live in the Mayhew lake area and fish 4 people in the house. The tub allows them to carry everything with them.

As luck would have it there was a drawing for a lottery yesterday at Fleetfarm in Montecello. Grand prize was an Otter pro lodgeXD flip house. The entry price was steep, but they gave me a discount as it was the last house they had to giveaway this year.

Normal entry fee was $1075 as I recall, they had an entry fee yesterday of $825. Then if I would take out there credit card it would be 10% off that and I would get $75 in store credit for getting a credit card. I hate credit cards, but applied and won one, I plan to cancel it in 30 days. Or as soon as the $75 in store credit, which comes on three gift cards of $25 each.

So my entry fee was around $650. Plus I got the Rod case and rear hitch on the tub thrown in cause I whined properly to the store manager.

I hope I like the fish house, I was happy with my winnings. The WW was not as happy as I thought she should be.

so BC’s birthday turned out being a lucky day for me.

Back
Top Bottom