Surviving Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Bogtown Chick, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lvie

lvie Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Ivie- don't beat yourself up!! You were doing so much more than many would do!! You & Ralphie gave that little chick a good life while it was here! [​IMG]

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    I've seen a lot of tender care for chicks on here and nothing less. It's always hard when things like that happen but do not over think it. It's too precarious and a lot of the times out of our hands no matter how hard we try. So go easy ivie and Ralphie on yourselves.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    3 people like this.
  4. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    Good Morning Everybody!!
    What a nice morning, warm no wind! for now anyway [​IMG]

I went out early and shut off the cozy legs panel because I realized the auto shutoff feature wasn't working, the young girls were inside I suppose thinking about egg laying and they freaked out on me like I was there to kill them !!? Old mellow hens were out in the run enjoying the warm morning- I have rope lights in the run on a timer)

Sorry about the chicky deaths Ralphie and Ivie! you are wonderful to try.

5. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    Good morning everyone! It's almost 40 here! The chickens were all weird this morning. I think the fast change in weather has them spinning. The dogs too, have been a little goofy the last day.

6. psladky

psladky Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2015
    international falls, mn
    Ice, ice baby ;) our 1st 2 hour delay, but it's warming up nicely, 34 right now

7. KlopKlop

KlopKlop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2015
    Southern Minnesota
    The down side to the weather is that I know i will be cleaning coops this weekend. They get so wet and muddy!

8. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I was thinking coop cleaning can not be far off now. BUT before you try your own coop.

I suggest you enroll in my Personalized Coop Cleaning seminar. I am making this offer to all of you, it is fairly cheap, and I will arrange the seminar around your schedule. Simply let me what works for you, show up here and we can start your personalized training!

You will need to BYOS

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  9. erlibrd

erlibrd Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Oct 8, 2010
    mn
    BYOS? sponge? shovel?

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Shovel... If you want to shower after the class BYOT. My wife hates doing laundry.

A potato fork would work too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by