Surviving Minnesota!

Good morning fellow Minnesotans! 8 degrees when I headed out to check the chicas this morning....what fun! Being new to the snow, they REALLY don't like walking on it. I am considering wrapping the sides with clear plastic 6mils thick. Would like to block the wind and snow a bit. The run walls are about 8' tall and the plastic is 5' wide. Hubby & I are having a "discussion" regarding how to wrap this. I say cover a little below the top (under the overhang of the roof) to as far down as it will go, hubby says from the ground up as far as it will go. Any feedback, recommendations?
Just make sure you have ventilation.

Good morning fellow Minnesotans! 8 degrees when I headed out to check the chicas this morning....what fun! Being new to the snow, they REALLY don't like walking on it. I am considering wrapping the sides with clear plastic 6mils thick. Would like to block the wind and snow a bit. The run walls are about 8' tall and the plastic is 5' wide. Hubby & I are having a "discussion" regarding how to wrap this. I say cover a little below the top (under the overhang of the roof) to as far down as it will go, hubby says from the ground up as far as it will go. Any feedback, recommendations?
Make sure to fasten it super well. A LOT. Wind, you know.

Hubby’s are always correct.
I'm usually the one who's right (really, I am). On occasion he is, and I will graciously admit it. 😇 I'll even sometimes give him the score just to be nice and because it doesn't really matter if we do it kind-of-wrong. Wouldn't want to wound that delicate male ego any more than is absolutely unavoidable. 🙄🤣💕😂🙄

Another day without seeing a deer, I saw swans, geese, squirrels and tweety birds.

This afternoon I switched to another stand. We call it Melissa’s stand. She had her heater in it but ran out of propane last night.

I decided I would use my spare Mr Buddy. The WW hexed me but saying “you’re going to take it without seeing if it will start”.

Women! It’s a heater, turn on the gas click the clicker and it works. But to be safe I took a lighter with me. Along with extra bottles of propane. I use a 20 gallon tank on my regular Mr. buddy. I grabbed 4 bottles so Melissa would have heat tomorrow.

It’s no biggie because I have one of those fancy valves so I can refill the small bottles. It works great.

Back to the hexing, I carried the bottles, my heater, Cindy and my shotgun out to Melissa’s stand. I used Cindy to lop off some branches that were in my way. Cindy is what I named my loppers. Cindy Loppers.

I crawled up into the stand, pulled my shotgun, heater and bottles up. I shut the trapdoor, and got comfy.

I had to fix some of the Saran Wrap. I wrap my deer stands with Saran Wrap. It blocks the wind and keeps accidental sounds down. It is clear to see through. When I see a deer, or if, this year, I just shoot through the Saran Wrap. It doesn’t affect the bullet and the deer doesn’t mind if it goes through Saran Wrap first.

Back to the hex, I tried to light my spare heater, it refused to light. I changed bottles on it and tried again, it still refused to light. I used the lighter and it lit! However, it stopped burning as soon as I removed the lighter. It’s obvious, the WW broke my spare heater on purpose. So much for running my spare heater. I took the bottle off my spare so I could take it to the shed to de-hex it later.

I put a new bottle and used her heater, it lit right up and warmed the stand. After sitting there awhile I got a headache. I thought her heater might be leaking, but it was running fine. I had set the bottle off my spare heater about 10 inches to the front and side of her heater. My headache was getting worser. ( I use the term “worser” cause @BantyChooks likes that word, it’s in her fancy book).

I was minding my own business, watching for a deer to walk by. All of a sudden there is a foot long flame coming out the top of the bottle I took off the hexed spare heater.

Now this would shake a normal person to see a propane bottle turn into a spontaneous flame thrower. I understand how the WW’s hexed work. So I picked up the bottle brought to my face to blow out the flame. This was futile, it appears I do not have the lung capacity to blow out a burning propane tank. Then it dawned on me, because of past experiences burning propane tanks tend to explode. I realized if it exploded it could ruin my extreme good looks and take my hand off.

So I quickly threw the flame throwing propane bottle out the Saran wrapped window. I maybe should have thrown it harder.

It bounced off the Saran Wrap and rolled towards my feet, still spewing flames. I was starting to worry. I calmly picked up the bottle, and pushed it through the Saran Wrap and into a snow drift, where the flame was extinguished.

Luckily for me, I had more Saran Wrap and duct tape so I could fix the window and watched as the woods turned dark without a deer anywhere to be seen.

Last edited:
Another day without seeing a deer, I saw swans, geese, squirrels and tweety birds.

This afternoon I switched to another stand. We call it Melissa’s stand. She had her heater in it but ran out of propane last night.

I decided I would use my spare Mr Buddy. The WW hexed me but saying “you’re going to take it without seeing if it will start”.

Women! It’s a heater, turn on the gas click the clicker and it works. But to be safe I took a lighter with me. Along with extra bottles of propane. I use a 20 gallon tank on my regular Mr. buddy. I grabbed 4 bottles so Melissa would have heat tomorrow.

It’s no biggie because I have one of those fancy valves so I can refill the small bottles. It works great.

Back to the hexing, I carried the bottles, my heater, Cindy and my shotgun out to Melissa’s stand. I used Cindy to lop off some branches that were in my way. Cindy is what I named my loppers. Cindy Loppers.

I crawled up into the stand, pulled my shotgun, heater and bottles up. I shut the trapdoor, and got comfy.

I had to fix some of the Saran Wrap. I wrap my deer stands with Saran Wrap. It blocks the wind and keeps accidental sounds down. It is clear to see through. When I see a deer, or if this year, I just shoot through the Saran Wrap. It doesn’t affect the bullet and the deer doesn’t mind if it goes through Saran Wrap first.

Back to the hex, I tried to light my spare heater, it refused to light. I changed bottles on it and tried again, it still refused to light. I used the lighter and it lit! However, it stopped burning as soon as I removed the lighter. It’s obvious, the WW broke my spare heater on purpose. So much for running my spare heater. I took the bottle off my spare so I could take it to the shed to de-hex it later.

I put a new bottle and used her heater, it lit right up and warmed the stand. After sitting there awhile I got a headache. I thought her heater might be leaking, but it was running fine. I had set the bottle off my spare heater about 10 inches to the front and side of her heater. My headache was getting worser. ( I use the term “worser” cause @BantyChooks likes that word, it’s in her fancy book).

I was minding my own business, watching for a deer to walk by. All of a sudden there is a foot long flame coming out the tub of the bottle I took off the hexed spare heater.

Now this would shake a normal person to see a propane bottle turn into a spontaneous flame thrower. I understand how the WW’s hexed work. So I picked up the bottle brought to my face to blow out the flame. This was futile, it appears I do not have the lung capacity to blow out a burning propane tank. Then it dawned on me, because of past experiences burning propane tanks tend to explode. I realized if it exploded it could ruin my extreme good looks and take my hand off.

So I quickly threw the flame throwing propane bottle out the Saran wrapped window. I maybe should have thrown it harder.

It bounced off the Saran Wrap and rolled towards my feet, still spewing flames. I was starting to worry. I calmly picked up the bottle, and pushed it through the Saran Wrap and into a snow drift, where the flame was extinguished.

Luckily for me, I had more Saran Wrap and duct tape so I could fix the window and watched as the woods turned dark without a deer anywhere to be seen.
Ha
You were lucky
How much life insurance does ww have on you?

I had to fix some of the Saran Wrap. I wrap my deer stands with Saran Wrap. It blocks the wind and keeps accidental sounds down. It is clear to see through. When I see a deer, or if this year, I just shoot through the Saran Wrap. It doesn’t affect the bullet and the deer doesn’t mind if it goes through Saran Wrap first.

I was minding my own business, watching for a deer to walk by. All of a sudden there is a foot long flame coming out the tub of the bottle I took off the hexed spare heater.

animated_1605404899959.gif

Back
Top Bottom