Surviving Minnesota!

Rain today and tomorrow . I think covid has Ralphie losing interest . He may perk up by summer . In the meantime we need to keep his interest up . I know this past years health issues had me down . Now here is a little Johnny story or maybe Little Ralphie .

At supper little Johnny asked what meat they were having . Dad said it is something your mother calls me ( deer ) Jhonny says don't eat it . It is a a__hole ! :lau

Rain today and tomorrow . I think covid has Ralphie losing interest . He may perk up by summer . In the meantime we need to keep his interest up . I know this past years health issues had me down . Now here is a little Johnny story or maybe Little Ralphie .

At supper little Johnny asked what meat they were having . Dad said it is something your mother calls me ( deer ) Jhonny says don't eat it . It is a a__hole ! :lau

I kind of have, Jerry. I like to be able to write semi-humorous posts. The last year has pretty much knocked the humor out of me.

I no longer have turkeys. I lost 20-30 chickens to raccoons. I have 10 chickens and 2 half chickens left.
I have three hens and 7 roosters after the owl attack. I have two half chickens about 6 weeks old, one of each sex, because one can never have too many roosters.

I don’t expect the chicks to live much longer. I did not give them any special chick feed. They are whatever the hen found for them or layer feed. I assume they have Maraks as I did not bother vaccinating them.

I have been busy with health issues, my Mom had cancer surgery in May that has had a myriad of complications. We are dealing with her dementia almost daily.

The summer was hot which is not good on my lungs. Then we had two months of smoke which sealed me into the house.

I am on the church board, we belong to a small country Lutheran church. I was part of a search committee for a new pastor which has taken much time. Now we are trying to meld a new pastor who is extremely liberal from the city into our small conservative congregation. It is a difficult feat. When we were without the pastor or this one takes off, it falls to me or one other guy to do the services. Not being a theologian it takes me hours and hours to write a sermon.

Trying to keep the church open and running has been made harder by Covid and a liberal pastor that seems to think we should Zoom services.

I have been busy doing volunteer work for my lodge. Trying to do my part keeping it running, fund raising and so forth, to help those in need. As bad as my year has been it has been worse on others. We need to keep running for our charities to stay afloat.

I have to fix our van, my truck and a tractor. I have not had time or felt well enough to do it.

My 13 year old dog died this summer, while burying her my Bobcat decided to freeze up its water pump. Getting parts was like finding frogs hair. I got it fixed the day before I came down with covid.

Now when I wake up I spend a couple hours coughing and hacking to clear my lungs. This much coughing tires me out. So I need to rest before I can try to get anything done.

It has only been the last week I have felt well enough to do anything. I lost nearly two months to Covid. When I do work it is at about 1/3 speed. I run out of energy and air. I need to sit down a lot.

I have not gotten to do any of the things I enjoy, I have not fished all summer, I have not foraged for mushrooms in a year. I have not been to Togo in 14 months. I have not even bought a fishing license yet.

I am reluctantly realizing I cannot keep my small farm up. We have started looking for a smaller place on a lake somewhere. This search has been hard because the WW does not want to be more than a hour from each of our kids. This is extremely hard considering they live 3 hours from each other.

We have a new pup we got last January, she keeps us busy. Demanding play time and attention. With the old dog gone we have no puppy babysitter anymore.

When reading this don’t think I am depressed, I am not. I have hope for a better year. I have faith, I know things need to get better.

I do have worries for the future but not for me, for my kids and grandkids. We have a governor that hasn’t got the brains God gave a groundhog. To prevent this post from being deleted I will not comment on the results of the federal elections.

I hope to catch up on my work so I can enjoy ice fishing. I know some of my lack of time to get things done is my own fault. If someone needs help I drop whatever I am doing and go help them.

This is pointed out to me by the WW often. With the “you always run to help everyone else but no one comes to help you” speech.

Anyways this sums up 2021:
1635438153473.gif

Another rainy day . Going to do a grocery run . DW had a hearing test yesterday . Moderate hearing loss . So she decided to wait to get hearing aids . Still waiting on my hearing aids to come . I have a Ortho doctor appointment Monday . Going to discuss a knee replacement . Ahh the golden years . :tongue

It is time to offer Ralphie some old man hunting tips . Put a dummy on the deck . Use your old clothes and blaze orange . Give him a broomstick to look like a gun barrel . Leave him there 24-7 . When you want to hunt 4 wheel into the woods . Put doe in heat on a piece of cloth and drag it slowly behind you all the way home . Put the 4 wheeler away in its usual spot . Replace dummy with you and your gun . When a buck follows the scent to you take a high shoulder shot to drop him in his tracks . Don't get picky . Put one down . Guaranteed to make you feel better if you get one . Guaranteed no worse than last season . May work but for amusement mostly .:D

Back
Top Bottom