Surviving Minnesota!

My wife thinks I should not go north in June . My doctor says no medical reason not to go if Want to . So this weekend is a test run . I had planned this anyway . Hoping this satisfies her . All I hear is you can't get the dock or boat in . Pfttt I will or hire it done . Not an obstacle in my opinion .

My wife thinks I should not go north in June . My doctor says no medical reason not to go if Want to . So this weekend is a test run . I had planned this anyway . Hoping this satisfies her . All I hear is you can't get the dock or boat in . Pfttt I will or hire it done . Not an obstacle in my opinion .
If Dr says it's ok, go. But remember happy wife happy life ☺️

If Dr says it's ok, go. But remember happy wife happy life ☺️
Happy wife is such a fairy tale!!!

Look at all the things I do for her and she isn’t happy ever! Take today, I cleaned garbage out of her car, but that is not going to make her happy.

She is going to complain about the dirt layer it has on it. She should know I can’t clean both the inside and outside, and I had to feed the dog all by myself for the last week. I am recovering from Covid still..

Hi all, I've been chasing Bumble on one of my ducks for awhile, and have decided to take her to a vet. Does anyone know of a good avian vet in the South Metro area?

Thanks!

Great balls of fire it was hot out there today! Holy bananas. I was out in the morning put my plants out, took care of the chooks, did a few more things, came in, took a nap, then back out to start putting together raised garden boards. Cedar is so expensive, so instead of getting 1x4x12's I got 6ft cedar dog eared fence pickets and i'm screwing them together to make 1x4x6's, ran out of screws right at dusk, put the stuff away then put the girls away. I have a new girl Penny, I guy I work with, they had chickens, she was the last one and they want to do more traveling and what not before her health gets worse. Penny is a little spoiled, she jumped up into my lap the first day, very friendly. I Put her in the north run, was going to do that a few days. So that night I put her in the nest box and blocked it off with a screen, she wasn't having it, made a huge fuss until I put her on the roost with the rest of the girls. so she has been with them a few days now, it is going ok. There are 5 chickens above her, plus one rooster in the pecking order. there are 4 below her. we'll see how it goes. so far so good. I didn't need to quarantine her as she has been alone since the fall. I told them in the fall I would take her, but his wife was not ready. I think she was really lonely when I got her. Once she was in the run and could see the other chickens, she perked right up and wanted to be with them right away. I kept her separate for 2 days, so the others could see her and get used to her. then i let them free range together, there was some fighting, but I kept an eye on it. She went in the henhouse with them (she went last) then i put her on a roost by Mother. Mother is docile. I've gotten 3 eggs from her so far. so she is not too stressed out. Seen her in the dust bath, and preening with the others and just hanging out... she eats, alot, but she was super skinny when I got her, so that is good! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom