Suspection of Infectious Laryngotracheitis...need help!!!

I dont see any new blood splatters on the feeder or water. Maybe i am luck and is not ILT.

What is the best wormer considering that they are debilitated?

Thanks

Quote:
Use valbazen, 1/2 cc per large fowl. There are lots of threads on here regarding this wormer. The easiest time to catch them is when they roost.

Update!

Today is fifth day since the first symptoms started. I didnt loose any Chicken
smile.png

At this point I am excluding the hypothesis of ILT. There is no signs of Mucus ( Clear or Bloody) on their Nostrils, Beak or Throat.

I think that the blood splatters were probably from an wound. After cleaning the feeders and water, I haven't seen any blood stain on it for 2 days now.

Although I still hear the bubbly noise, they are not gasping for air, or keeping their mouths open to breathe.

The whole flock still has respiratory symptoms, but I am seeing some improvement, especially the hens that were not eating at all.

Today my favorite one - Cool
tongue.png
- a Blond Ameraucana, that was in really bad shape and not eating at all, started eating again!
big_smile.png

I still have 2 hens that I am keeping separated, because i noticed that they only eat when are alone in the " Hospital Coop".

I couldn't find Tylol anywhere, and I did buy Terramycin, just in case of an emergency. But I opt not to use it.

I am using a electrolyte mix powder, that contains probiotics and vitamins on their water. I am using the concentrated dosage, as sugested on the package, since the day 2.

Yesterday I gave them hard boiled eggs, especially to the ones that were not eating. And looks to me that this morning everybody looked better.

I will buy the dewormer today.

Is it ok to keep giving them hard boiled eggs once a day as a suplement? They really like it : cool:

Thanks

Raquel

Back
Top Bottom