Susquehanna Poultry Club Show: Whats For Sale

Quote:
Oh, no mottled cochins to sell??
smile.png
I just bought eggs recently, but the P.O. was rough on them and I only had one hatch. Poor cute little fuzzy thing would like some friends, and I have no other bantam cochins (actually, all I have in bantams are Polish). I'd like more to go with him/her. Or, if you don't have birds, do you sell hatching eggs? If so, I'd be interested if I could get some mottleds from you at the show.

I'm excited to go to the show, too. My husband, not so much.
lol.png
But he's being a good sport about it. I'm only bringing 3 birds to show. They are also some of my breeders, so not in the best show condition that they could be in, but I think it will be fun nontheless.
big_smile.png

Crunchie, sorry to butt in on your post, but did you contact Kay, our club secretary? She has cochins and/or may know a few contacts....

Yes im sure you guys would love to cook them...
wink.png

And to add to my other post, there are some people who have sent me money with there eggs and want them sent back to guarantee no one is hatching there 75.00 "Marans Egg and English Muffin"

M@M@2four :

Quote:
Oh, no mottled cochins to sell??
smile.png
I just bought eggs recently, but the P.O. was rough on them and I only had one hatch. Poor cute little fuzzy thing would like some friends, and I have no other bantam cochins (actually, all I have in bantams are Polish). I'd like more to go with him/her. Or, if you don't have birds, do you sell hatching eggs? If so, I'd be interested if I could get some mottleds from you at the show.

I'm excited to go to the show, too. My husband, not so much.
lol.png
But he's being a good sport about it. I'm only bringing 3 birds to show. They are also some of my breeders, so not in the best show condition that they could be in, but I think it will be fun nontheless.
big_smile.png

Crunchie, sorry to butt in on your post, but did you contact Kay, our club secretary? She has cochins and/or may know a few contacts....​

Thanks! I might do that, though I'm not in any big rush. I need another breed like I need a hole in the head,
lol.png
but on the other hand, you can't very well just have one cute little cochin, right?

Thank you, msbear--I will definitely contact you later on if I haven't acquired any friends for my little mottled by this fall.
big_smile.png
Is the show in Frederick also sponsored by the Susquehanna Poultry Club, or another club?

Last edited:
Fredrick is there own show, But a lot of people in the Susky club show there also.

marilchaser: Fading is that what we are calling egg-jacking these days!
lol.png

Crunchie: My friend may be interested in your WCB Polish, what quality are they and how much? Also if you and have any pictures please send them to me so I can show her.

Thanks!

Quote:
I'll try to dig up some pictures. I know I have some somewhere...I'll email them to you. I would consider them at least breeder quality. As far as I can tell, they have no major faults. They are from Larry Glenn in Alabama (he's more well-known for his laced birds). They may be able to be conditioned for show, though they are being kept together right now so of course they don't look the best that they could. I was asking $25 for the trio.

That's a good price she will probably take them, if you can get a pic that would be good to. If you have a camera phone just take it with that and privately message me for my phone number.

Quote:
Honestly, it's a steal...I was asking more, but I couldn't move them, so I lowered the price. I'm sure I could sell them for more at the show, but I've already offered them at $25 locally so I'm not going to up the price now...and it's ok, I am certainly not making money off of my birds....it's more like I'm feeding them my paychecks!
lol.png

I'm emailing you some photos now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom