Swanzey New Hampshire Saddles 4H Horse show and Market Fair Aug 22nd

Quote:
Would it have helped to have some signs out indicating that there was something going on there at the fairgrounds today? All we knew was that it was there, but we had no idea where to go (the fairgrounds are pretty big), so we drove around looking for a bit before we figured out where you were. I looked for signs, but did not see any, except the ones advertizing the mud bog thing. I was surprised that there was no signs at all for the chicken swap or for 4-H, well we did not see a single sign anyway.

I'm thinking a sign out at the entrance would have helped. Might have even drawn in some people driving by.
idunno.gif

We did not buy any birds or animals, though we did find a few toys someone had (i'm a sucker for kid toys, lol) Gypsy, i looked at your plants, i
love.gif
house plants, but my windows are so full already....

Oh, and we saw Val (firedove) as we were leaving! I was so happy to see her! Said hello, and chatted a few minutes. She said she can't put weight on her left leg until October, so she has more healing to do. I've been thinking of her a lot lately, wondering how she was. And lo, and behold we bump into her (not literally bump, but you know what i mean). Nice surprise to see her, and i thought she looked great considering all she's been through this summer!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
It rained early in the day, then sprinkled a few times, but the sun also came out too!
smile.png
This afternoon, back at home, we spent a couple hours getting firewood (cutting up logs and hauling them to our house).

Quote:
Would it have helped to have some signs out indicating that there was something going on there at the fairgrounds today? All we knew was that it was there, but we had no idea where to go (the fairgrounds are pretty big), so we drove around looking for a bit before we figured out where you were. I looked for signs, but did not see any, except the ones advertizing the mud bog thing. I was surprised that there was no signs at all for the chicken swap or for 4-H, well we did not see a single sign anyway.

I'm thinking a sign out at the entrance would have helped. Might have even drawn in some people driving by.
idunno.gif

We did not buy any birds or animals, though we did find a few toys someone had (i'm a sucker for kid toys, lol) Gypsy, i looked at your plants, i
love.gif
house plants, but my windows are so full already....

Oh, and we saw Val (firedove) as we were leaving! I was so happy to see her! Said hello, and chatted a few minutes. She said she can't put weight on her left leg until October, so she has more healing to do. I've been thinking of her a lot lately, wondering how she was. And lo, and behold we bump into her (not literally bump, but you know what i mean). Nice surprise to see her, and i thought she looked great considering all she's been through this summer!
thumbsup.gif

I said the same thing when we got there, went into the first entrance, then had to tur around and go to the second entrance. I said to a lady, what pisspoor signage. Great if you want to go mudboggin! I didnt even see a sign for the horse show/swap!!! Let alone i only saw one road sign to the fairgrounds itself!! Lessonn learned = We NEED to have signage, like you said, even for the people driving by!

It was up to the Fair Committee to put up the signs as they are responsible for the evenets schedualed. And in charge of the Sign out at the enterence. unfortuantely The Fiar Comittee dropped the ball and convienently the Lady in charge went on Vacation leaving no instructions for the minions.
I spoke with Gail about this very issue and she tried for a week to get ahold of the Secratary to no avail and with out permission no signs could be up.

SO that was the reason there was no "signage"

Also the good folks on the FairGrounds Comittee couldn't see fit to even give the 4H kids a break on costs, they barely made enough to cover the fees.
Please dont get me started about the Fair Exec, I have nothing nice to say.

Last edited:
I know its pretty sad.
When I sell rabbits to 4 H kids they are always sold at a greatly reduced price, I know the kids have a hard time getting the money to start a nice line of rabbits.
Poultry the same thing.
I do all I can for the Kids. they are wonderfull people and deserve all the help they can get.

Sadly most people think that the parents foot all the bills, where in some cases that may be a fact but there are Kids out there that want to do it for themselves. That I appreciate.

Quote:
Isn't it sad that there are kids out there that want to get into a healthy, fun hobby and not be hang arounds and people will not give them a break. Shame on those people and good for you Gypsy, helping them out!

Quote:
Hey, are those the babies you got from me?? I kept one frizzle girl and a smooth roo from that cross; both have turned out better looking.. more typey and better feathering... than both their parents, and I hope to hatch some eggs from them probably in the spring. Maybe I'll even get lavender frizzles?!? Hope to see you at some swaps this fall!

Quote:
frow.gif
GYPSY I've got the signs made for all our swaps I made two. A .FRAME
thumbsup.gif
they should be letted this week .
bow.gif
I think you and everyone will be happy with them.
idunno.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom