Swap Meet - Charlotte Michigan - April 26

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Oh great, now I will know what the two of you look like!!
ep.gif

If I had pull with the weatherman, do you really think this would be the first nice week we have had???? Hahaha Winter would have ended about 2 maybe 3 months ago!! lol

We have more people coming, someone is bringing llama's too. Hey Steve, need a couple of llama's to guard your chickens???
tongue.png

Will be there with a couple of guineas (both boys, thought we were getting a boy and a girl) and a couple of female PET rats (not feeders) ... don't know if we're bringing anything else.

Might be looking for some day-old chicks to try and stick under a broody Maran hen at night.
wink.png

XP

Have some area horse buddies that are thinking of getting into chickens that I will tell to be sure and visit the swap.

Think we are also going to bring a few bales of horse hay. Not much, sold most of our excess already.

I'm looking for some started Isa Brown pullets that won't molt until after this fall, probably 7-9 months old, just for egg production... give me a head's up if you're bringing some!

Would also like some day-old chicks if anyone is bringing them; pretty much any dual-purpose breed, but especially Turkens and Easter Eggers!! If not, we will check the feed stores. Hubby just wants to raise a few chicks for fun, and one of our Marans is determined to sit on any eggs she can find. (She's on a couple of realistic ceramics right now.)

Will bring our bantam red frizzle rooster if my daughter will give him up ... he gets picked on by the big RIR roo and Fluffy too. I'm sure she'll only agree to it if she can get a replacement banty hen to show at 4-H fair.

(meet Fluffy: http://www.squidoo.com/chickenberries [bottom of page])

I would not mind getting 2-3 guinea HENS as well. They are so awesome at bug control.

Oh yeah, hubby wants a turkey, too. *sigh* Please, no more species in this ark, I begs!

Anyone know if any of these breeds will be at the swap????

Black Orp
Blue Orp
Partridge Cochin
Blue Cochin
Mottled Cochin
Gold-laced Wyandotte
Blue-laced Red Wyandotte
Araucana
Ameraucana
Easter Egger
Salmon Faverolle
Black-copper Marans