Swine Flu News

Hearing all of this scares me. It makes me wonder- which would be worse for my mother?
Taking the shot and the possible outcome
Not taking the shot and getting H1N1
I don't know which would be worse for her
hit.gif

Quote:
I know, they did the same thing with the bird flu a few years ago. It's just not right to induce nationwide panic and for what?
idunno.gif

What we are to understand then is, that it's safer to get the swine flu than it is to get the vacine for it.

No flu vacine of any kind for me.

no if you get sick from the vaccine, you're better off than getting sick from the undiluted flu.

I was just saying I cought the flu sans shot but it wasn't as killer and deadly as the media made it out to be.

Quote:
Me too. My mom had a heart attack a couple of years ago and is vulnerable and only a few years away from 80. She gets the regular flu shot though hasn't had it yet (usually October), nor has she had the H1N1 vaccine.

Well, now she is sick with a deep painful cough (no sleep to be had) and aches/pains. The doc put her on antibiotic (cipro) yesterday, presumably to ward off any secondary infections that might arise. I worry about pneumonia and hope she can ward that off too - she can't afford to get that. She doesn't have a fever so the doc thought it wasn't the flu - yet. She said she is no worse today than yesterday so hopefully that is a good sign.

Been trying to sort out this swine flu thing with regard to what to recommend to her but it is confusing. Many docs are telling people to get them, even Dr. Oz who seems oh so intelligent. Hopefully we all know more soon....

JJ

Both my husband and I had it and no it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be. For both of us the worst part was the fatigue that seemed to linger for a couple of weeks.

At one time last week there was close to three hundred students out at my daughters school but everyone came through it just fine.

Quote:
ya i did too still have runny nose but im good now just drink lots of water and you should be just fine its not as bad as the regular flu. and see this is exactly what i said the vaccine will kill us not swine flu itself. i will not be getting it

From what I understand, the reason for such attention of H1N1, is that the virus survives even in warmer weather. Where as usually flu season is the winter months. This virus is year round. And the concern is it being able to mutate once it is combined with the winter flu virus.

Handwashing very important.
cover your cough with tissue
avoid touching eyes, mouth, nose
stay home when sick

Back
Top Bottom