Taking a pet bunny to public places?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who take their dogs out usually have then vaccinated and dogs are predator animals so they usually like sights and smells. Prey animals, like rabbits, typically do not not.
Life isn't fair. It's not supposed to be.
Sorry you're upset that you're getting replies that don't validate what you want to do, but we take animals seriously here.
Nobody said you weren't allowed to do anything, we're just saying it's not the best of ideas. I'd talk it over with your parents and your vet.
When you're responsible for another living thing, you have to do what's best for it, it's mental and physical health, not what makes you feel good or special.

When I had rabbits, some were more tolerant of people than others. Of course, I never took mine out in public in a stroller. I wouldn't trust the myriad of other threats to not result in an injured or dead rabbit, plus even the ones who liked people still got stressed if I changed too many things so suddenly.

and to the point of shows, they are handled rather briefly before being returned to their 'safe space' when not actively being shown, which gives them a chance to decompress.

When I had rabbits, some were more tolerant of people than others. Of course, I never took mine out in public in a stroller. I wouldn't trust the myriad of other threats to not result in an injured or dead rabbit, plus even the ones who liked people still got stressed if I changed too many things so suddenly.

and to the point of shows, they are handled rather briefly before being returned to their 'safe space' when not actively being shown, which gives them a chance to decompress.
What about if the rabbit is wearing a harness while in the stroller?!

What about if the rabbit is wearing a harness while in the stroller?!

What benefit would that bring to the equation? One could argue that it's an extra piece of fabric that would stress the rabbit even more. If the rabbit wants to bolt, then it means it doesn't feel all too safe. Which defeats the purpose

No one's being stricter when it comes to rabbits. We just value animal safety and welfare. Don't know what's being discussed on reddit, would you mind filling us in?
Did you see the rabbit stroller photos in my earlier posts?! Why are they okay in those instances?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom