Teeny Tiny!

babychickfarmer

Songster
12 Years
Ok so today I was rounding up the chickens as i do every morning from free ranging. I had everyone in or so I thought untill I counted so I waled up and down the street, through the woods, under our porch anywhere u would look for a chicken. I couldn't find her enywh;0ere. I went back to the coop to watch the others and noticed Nadine (the one that was missing) was in there. I look in the nesting box and surprise! I found a little brown egg! Oh man I couldn't get the smile OFF MY FACE i WAS SO EXCITED! I am just so proud of my lil girl!

that is so cool!!! what kind of chicken is she? How old is she? I am anxious to see my girls lay for the first time. But they are only 14 weeks today.

babychicken, I have one austalorp, one light brahma roo, three red stars, five buff orps, five barred rocks, one dominique, four cochins, five americaunas, three sikies,...oh, the australorp is my brooder so far and she laid about four or five eggs and took three or four from the red stars and is sitting on them right now. The daddy of all these eggs is the light brahma. I would love to have some more but I think we have enough for now.
big_smile.png

The only hens laying any eggs are the red stars and the little black australorp. Who knows what will happen when all the others start laying their eggs! I will probably have to sell some chicks next spring.
lol.png
Keep us posted on when yours lay their first eggs.

Red sex links are great layers. Mine lay an egg a day each. Big brown beautiful eggs. And on last count since May I have had 13 double yolkers!

Back
Top Bottom