Tell me I am doing the right thing

Awww I'm sorry. I have had to give up a dog before and it was one of the hardest things I have done. I ended up finding a family that's a real good fit for him. They even send me pictures occasionally. That has really helped me giving away my dog.

You tried....you really did, but that's what terriers were bred to do. I am so sorry about all your chickens, that's truley heart breaking.

Thank you everyone so much. You really gave me the strength to do what had to be done.

We just got back from the shelter. It is a really nice one, where the dogs all live together in a big room with couches and dog beds everywhere. There is a nice big yard where the dogs go out to play. They put her in a cage in the dog room, where she cuold see the other dogs and everybody could get used to her. Immediately, she was barking and wagging her tail, eager to get out and play with the other dogs. She is going to love it there!

I feel much better now. I am sort of relieved, now that's it done. I know I did the best I could for everybody involved.

Thank you everyone so much. You really gave me the strength to do what had to be done.

We just got back from the shelter. It is a really nice one, where the dogs all live together in a big room with couches and dog beds everywhere. There is a nice big yard where the dogs go out to play. They put her in a cage in the dog room, where she cuold see the other dogs and everybody could get used to her. Immediately, she was barking and wagging her tail, eager to get out and play with the other dogs. She is going to love it there!

I feel much better now. I am sort of relieved, now that's it done. I know I did the best I could for everybody involved.

That was a really tough tough thing to do. Especially since your mother passed away. But it had to be done. I'm glad you got the strength to get it done.

I'm glad to hear that! It seems small dogs have a high success rate of finding homes in shelters. Sometimes rejoining an animal is the kindest thing for both the family and the animal itself.

smile.png

Absolutely, my grandmother never had a dog in the house, "dogs make dirt".

When I was overly concerned about what the dog thought or felt, My mother reined me in, "It's a dog, A..." Its a good go to when I have to make a tough choice, remember, it is an animal, they deserve wonderful treatment an a hopefully forever home, but this was a trial that didnt work out. Its okay, once the decision is made and a postive outcome is a reality, the weight just lifts off, doesn't it?

Great that she found home so quickly, would you have tried to rehome yourself if she did not?
-A

Back
Top Bottom