Temp going up in Coturnix quail lockdown, day 18!

Mine vary some too, but I do a freezing water test so I know how much they are off by, and I write it on the thermometer. Fish tank thermometers work well too. You might be seeing a temp difference because not all places in your incubator are the same temperature as well. I have learned where the cool spots in my incubator are and I try to avoid putting eggs in those places.
Great advice. Thank you so much!

oh boy. Mine didn’t come with a hole drilled... maybe I should drill one? Do you have a picture by chance?
Oh you know what, it's almost the same but mine is a good bit smaller. I would totally just drill a hole in it. Mine looks like a small version of yours, but with a little hole on top. It seems to help a lot!

Edit: Apparently that's a bad idea. Don't listen to me!

Hey, Peeps! 🐣🧡

I’ve been up all night. My temperature in my incubator holds pretty solid based on the settings that I program, but for the past two days, the temperature has been increasing to over 101, despite lowering the controls. I’m losing my mind, and I’m fearing that this is harming the babes...

Is this a normal occurrence at lockdown? I don’t know what to do, or what amount of fluctuation is OK, this late in the game... Any insight would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first hatch. 🌼 ~Aly
Incubator...forced or still air....if forced air, where is heat source/fan located???? I have different incubators with fan top in one and bottom in the other.....when converting to Hatcher at lockdown, I have to raise temp on top-down (J12) and on others decrease temp to prevent overheating. Because removing from turner to lockdown changes the position of the eggs relative to the heat source

Oh you know what, it's almost the same but mine is a good bit smaller. I would totally just drill a hole in it. Mine looks like a small version of yours, but with a little hole on top. It seems to help a lot!

Edit: Apparently that's a bad idea. Don't listen to me!
thank you! 🌼☀️

Incubator...forced or still air....if forced air, where is heat source/fan located???? I have different incubators with fan top in one and bottom in the other.....when converting to Hatcher at lockdown, I have to raise temp on top-down (J12) and on others decrease temp to prevent overheating. Because removing from turner to lockdown changes the position of the eggs relative to the heat source
It’s forced air, and the fan/heat mechanism is in the center bottom, under the hatching rack.

Our first pip! 🤩 I could cry!

Attachments

• 2B41506B-B488-4707-98EB-98D5CB2F33E8.jpeg
    2B41506B-B488-4707-98EB-98D5CB2F33E8.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom