Tenessee Reds and Parakeets...ok?

Quote:
No. Parrots and Quail are two way different species.

Today when i got my quail the guy said the only way they could be kept together is if they were hatched together

not everything you hear is true
old.gif
....parakeets would never be hatched with quail first of all.. they are much smaller and grow at a much different rate as well as require a MUCH different list of demands than quail do. quail u put in a brooder. try putting a parakeet hatchling in the brrooder with your quail. see where that takes you..
wink.png

These are parakeet chicks 1-3 days old:

230_1-6_days_old.jpg

Trust me, they can't be hatched or raised with quail.
wink.png

Not sure how aggressive Tennessee reds are... but budgies can be very aggressive. The female in that picture endlessly harasses my adult cockatiel if they are allowed flight time in the same room at the same time. She chases the hamsters in their balls as they roll around the apartment and has no fear of chickens. If baby chicks are not kept away from her, she will go pull on their feathers and pick at their feet. Once she got into a box of 3 day old leghorn chicks and was chasing them all around. Went to save the chicks when I heard them screaming and running from the parakeet. If I bring in an older bird, she will land on them and start chewing on feathers. I don't allow it though because she would be one dead 28 gram bird if even a young bird gave her a single peck.

i have had bobs with lovebirds but not parakeets because the parakeets would pull the feathers from my coturnix and make them bleed just because they got the taiste of blood so no would not allow them to do that . they would pluck the the feathers from their heads until they bleed. but with lovebirds they slept togethere all huddled up and i saw them even grooming each other .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom