Tennessee

Pics
Hi guys! It's snowing in West Tn, but that's o.k., Spring is 19 days away! Wanted to tell everyone in West Tn that we are having our club meeting this Saturday at the Gibson Community Center in Gibson, Tn. It will begin at 11 am and we will have a pot luck meal. Bring anything you have to sell and money and cages for anything you want to buy. I will be bringing silver cuckoo marans eggs and will offer a special club price of $15/doz. That's a great deal folkes!

Quote:
We currently have 27 in our basement. 8 goslings should arrive tomorrow to live in the basement for a bit. I am eyeballing some local chicks on craigslist and we are firing up the bator again on Sunday.

Let me know how that intervention goes. Last June we decided to get a few hens. I have no idea how this happened.

Please tell me Lebanon is considered local and your thinking about some of my chicks
big_smile.png

Intervention isn't going well..just moved 42 to lockdown and realized 6 won't lockdown until thursday so I have all that bator space empty in that bator..so I could only set 35 eggs this morning
he.gif

Snowing here but it's not sticking

Quote:
We currently have 27 in our basement. 8 goslings should arrive tomorrow to live in the basement for a bit. I am eyeballing some local chicks on craigslist and we are firing up the bator again on Sunday.

Let me know how that intervention goes. Last June we decided to get a few hens. I have no idea how this happened.

Please tell me Lebanon is considered local and your thinking about some of my chicks
big_smile.png

Intervention isn't going well..just moved 42 to lockdown and realized 6 won't lockdown until thursday so I have all that bator space empty in that bator..so I could only set 35 eggs this morning
he.gif

Snowing here but it's not sticking

Ha, Lebanon isn't local at the moment, but I will be checking to see what you have the next time I make a trip to Nashville to see my best friend.

Quote:
I went to Tractor Supply in Lenoir City and Athens... neither had chicks and only LC had rabbits. ALTHOUGH, I over heard the cashier talking to a customer asking about chicks and she said that Clevelands' Tractor Supply had them already.

It will be a week or more before the others (around me) have them.

The co-op here (Sweetwater, Madisonville) will have them TODAY!! I'm going out in this nasty slush in a bit to see what they got. If you call and ask them... they will say "red ones, white ones, and some black ones with white....." Shouldn't people who work in a feed store KNOW farm animals? Just my opinion. (sorry. It really urks me)

smile.png
My coop has at least one salesperson we call "the Chicken Lady" and she sure knows about chickens, as well as other birds like peafowl, pheasants, etc. She also orders all the poultry stock each spring, and they even have a list showing what is expected when and how many are coming! They are even getting some ducks and geese this year!
thumbsup.gif

Morning all! If anyone lives in the mid state area ,this sat is the big Amish sale at Fairview Ky. Its a ways off for most but if you want to see a large variety and large number of birds its a great trip. Auction starts at nine and usually last till 5-7!Thats just for the poultry,there are sepaerate auctions going on for farm stuff,household,livestock.I think sometimes they have as many as 7-8 auctioneers going at one time.Prices can be high but sometimes you can get a good deal.Usually lots of heavy standard breeds and quite a few fancys in standard and bantam,also ducks,gunieas,geese,turkeys,pheasants,peafowlpigeons. Hope to see you there.Its supposed to be in the 60's,a nice spring day outing!

Hello chicken friends,
I am a reporter for The Tennessean in Nashville working on a story about the popularity of backyard chicken farming. I would love to hear from any of you about your chickens. Please email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 726-5907.
Debi Highland

Back
Top Bottom