Tennessee

You both are really far away! I was hoping to hatch EE's or SLW's but none of those hens are laying, just my RIR's and golden comets with a RIR roo... But, can't tell the difference from the eggs
hu.gif

Lc feeds lady was willing to let me have some eggs but they're bantams... I dunno... Maybe I'll just stand and watch my chickens all day waiting for the right hens to lay :p

Quote:
The problem with bantams is the egg size, I didn't get the attachment for smaller eggs. I thought they were really cute!

Hubby just said we can spend $500 on coop and run construction
woot.gif
and $100 on chicks
yippiechickie.gif

I am so excited...never had such a large budget!

We sold two used cars today, going to become a one car family since we only drive anywhere once or twice a week. No use in having three vehicles, right?

Quote:
Woohoo!!! We have 3 cars
love.gif
(1 is a truck so I guess it doesn't count, right?
wink.png
) We spent near $700 for our coop/run) We didn't spend $100 on chicks though!

I have to take my trash to the dump and you would be surpised how much stuff you can get there I know I found 3 or 4 almost full rolls of wire there. And a few bird cages I use for sick birds. The less I spend on material the more I get to spend on chickens or more coops right. I am sure there chicken math works the same for material as well.

I forgot to mention I found metal roofing strips perfect for putting around the run/coop to prevent dig ins as well. I also live in farm country. I now take the trash to the dump a few times a week for this reason.
Happy hunting!
Tisha

My "new" chicken house is 8x16 with electric and water to the door and we only have $200 in it...most is because it's on a foundation and had to buy the concrete and the drainage pipe around the pen.Now it's being insulated and a heater added for half so it can be a brooder room.The less that goes in the house the more birds it can hold and I like that chicken math
big_smile.png

There is absolutely nothing new in the house..every piece of wood came off a job as well as the windows and doors..house wrap is left over-new but paid for already long ago and the siding and roof came off an old shed we tore off years ago.

There is already an old chicken coop here made out of tin. It needs some work, but the run is what is costing us $$$$$. We have a lot of predators here and plan on doing it right the first time. The $500 includes the other supplies too.

Back
Top Bottom