Tennessee

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
wademach1977 - jump on in, the water's fine - oops, the water's frozen.
lau.gif

You know one of the biggest adjustments I had to make when I moved here, was how people treated their animals. Dogs tied to trees even puppies because owners did not want them in house. Single goats tied to trees, to mow lawns. Cats out in the snow screaming to come in. I have had to make a real tall strong wall in me to handle this. Being someone that has pro worked with animals all her life this cruilty hurts. At least on one good note our neibors got rid of their goats that were in a pen way to small.

On to better things. We do need more shows in TN I would like to see a APA show.

Quote:
There's an APA/ABA poultry show in Cocke County twice a year, each is a 1-day only show. First one this year is May 7th. The 2nd is in November, I think. There are LOTS of chickens for sale at the Cocke County shows...

Knoxville has an APA/ABA show at the TN Valley Fair, but you're supposed to leave your chickens there all week.

Bare Bottom Farm, if my bator is in the garage I never do anything for humidity.

I take mine to the valley fair, a few 4h swaps and the show in Newport. That keeps me busy enough. I keep my humidity at 45% for the first 18 days and then 60% for lockdown.

Quote:
My dogs just said they can't imagine living like that. They also asked me to fluff their dog beds and bring them another cookie.
big_smile.png
(Besides, how's your best buddy supposed to guard your bed from outside??)

Quote:
50-55% when I remember to put them in lockdown..other wise 20% hatching on a moving turner seems to work fine
hide.gif

I'm selling several bantam Cochin's black mottled pairs several are split to my Mille Fleur so can hatch some MF from these chicks.Blue mottled roo and pullet but NellaBean has first dibbs on those since she asked first.Then finally some MILLE FLEUR pulllets that hatched from Funky Feathers but these right now have no white I can pair them with one of the black split roos.Last is a beautiful black roo with golden hackles and minimal mottling very eye catching -adult.
Animals outside
idunno.gif
even most of my chickens live in the house..not for long though the heated brooder house is almost finished
wee.gif
but here step over the big dog,trip over the small dog,remove the cat from the tub before taking a shower..but if you don't she really doesn't mind the other cats are sleeping somewhere and in this cold it's not outside.

Not all of us are crappy livestock/pet owners. The goats all have stalls and access to the field everyday. The pyrenees has access to everything but still prefers to lay outside the door of the barn between the goats and the great outdoors. He could go in the barn and at least sit in the doorway but won't. Our two cats are looking at me from the comfort of the ottoman. The chickens all have coops with insulated houses and the geese do too but prefer to just have the door open as they go in and out all the time. They also have a converted koi pond to play in. The saltwater fish and corals get their water tested weekly and adjustments made as necessary. The cat's litter box is cleaned daily. Everybody eats before we do. All the non-aquarium animals get fresh water daily and all have access to water from heated buckets.
I don't know by whom you live but not all Tennesseans fall in that stereotype.

hello all in east tennessee I want to let everyone know that there is a new poultry club here. We meet the first tuesday of each month at the mc donalds off of exit 407 I 40 at 7pm

Quote:
So, can someone explain what you do at a poultry club? Like, do people bring chickens and swap stuff... or is it more like sitting in McD's chatting about chickens
idunno.gif
I'd like to go to one of them but wasn't sure what to do or if I should bring anything....

Back
Top Bottom