Terrie's Mexican Family Recipes

Thank you Terrie for sharing your recipes.
I love cooking, and always looking to expand.
There are so many wonderful ways to make Rice...I make one called "Spanish Rice'...but it's probally not...
smile.png

Your Grandmother sounds like a hoot! Aren't they precious? I miss both mine.

Edited to add:
Sopapilla's...I have no idea how to spell that.
The Rev. is always looking for the kind that puff...not just fried tortilla's w/ sugar & cinnamon...they are kinda triangular, and have a huge air bubble in the middle...soft too. Can't hardly find them. Do you know how to make those?
tongue.png

Last edited:
Terrielacy
Do you have any empanada recipe for pumpkin? The one I am looking for is more of a yeast dough than a pie crust? The Mexican store here had the doughier kind and now they switched it on us.

Lisa, I don't remember my grandmother ever making enchiladas.
The tamale sauce to me is an all purpose sauce and would be great for enchiladas.

Parson's Wife, try the bunuelos. I think that is what you are looking for. You can leave out putting the hole in the center and cut them in wedges after you roll them out. Just fry to desired crispness or lack thereof.
smile.png

One bug girl, no empanada recipe, sorry.

Prairie girl, we just got store bought corn tortillas and cut them into wedges and fried them.
lau.gif

Terrie..

I love Missions Low Carb flour tortillas - and was curious to know if your tortillas are the same type? I see they have to be fried.... how do you make the kind that stay soft like a soft taco or burrito type? Is this the same kind - do I just not fry them - and bake them a bit to cook them or are they all fried?
hu.gif

Thanks for sharing! Mexican food is my FAVORITE
wink.png
Then Italian..

FINALLY! A recipe for homemade tortillas! I had a lot of Hispanic friends when I was growing up and LOVED going to their houses for dinner. One of my favorite things was homemade tortillas.
woot.gif

I know what I'm making today!

Back
Top Bottom