Terrie's Mexican Family Recipes

I made 500 tamales 2 weeks before SuperBowl Sunday for orders....I love making them, I also use whatever meat that is leftover.I even cook up extra just so I can make tamales...I think I'm addicted to making and eating them.hehe.I have a shelf in my upright freezer just for tamales.The kids love them and DH does too...

Quote:
I have always wanted to learn how to make tamales so I am gonna try.

Teri I have a couple questions.....in your recipe under sauce it says to "heat everything except four and water to a boil". Did you mean except for something? I also wanted to know if ground red chili powder was ok to use?

Quote:
You can make all you want for me since your so experienced and all.
tongue.png

Where is Terrie? We need her!

My husband is very jazzed hearing about Terrie's recipes, we want to start making more Mexican food as it is our favorite and so many of the ingredients store so well. We live near Portland where mexican food is pretty much available now, although it wasn't when we first moved up here to WA.

How about a recipe for Mexican hot cocoa? We have abuelita cocoa and my husband gets the recipe close.......we'd also like to try it with goats milk when we milk our goats and wonder how that works for hot cocoa.

We already make refried beans, guacamole and carne asada, those are staple foods at our house. With raising muscovy ducks, we found our favorite way to use it was to make asada de pato, or duck asada. I was thinking perhaps the leftovers would make good tamale stuffings, too.

I'm excited about trying these recipes.

Pictures please?

I have not tried yet I have the stuff but I am scared to try.
sad.png

Can I buy a steamer or a bottom to put in a pot somewhere?

Pictures? Well at this point they are already packed away into the freezer and into lunch containers. I could take a photo of my rounded tummy but I doubt anyone wants to see that.
gig.gif

It was the most awesome meal I've ever made....no kidding. And I even messed up a little. I forgot to add the sauce to the meat before I stuffed it. But we just served it over the top and it was really yummy. The recipe came out awesome, I Highly recommend it. My husband had thirds! I stuffed some with the pork and we had some crab meat here, so I made a few crab ones with cheese and those were to DIE for. I will be making that sauce again too, even when we are not having tamales.

I also made it all by myself and it wasn't too hard or even take that long. And I've cooked enough for about six or seven lunches and two more dinners. I did quadruple the recipe because my husband brought home a giant roast. This would be a fun thing to make on Christmas eve, I'll have to get some more Masa!

I'm really not a very good cook is why I'm so dang excited.

Back
Top Bottom