Texas

So bright and early this morning.. about 17 (give or take.. i lost count) assorted heritage turkey eggs hopped a ride to the post office.. they are moving to go (hopefully) live with Chucklecluck...

I'm going to be waiting with anticipation to see how many little poults end up popping out of those eggs.. lol..

Oh wow....**jealous**...Mike is adamantly set against turkeys. I'm working on him....he didn't want ducks, either - and, now he's hurrying to get my run finished so they have a place to live
gig.gif

I can't wait to hear updates on the turkeys!!

Hello from san angelo tx. kilsharion tipped me off to this site so here i go. im semi new to chickens. i had them when i was a teenager which was a lil bit ago but im looking for some legbars or some of there eggs. if anyone can help message me. Kids and i are looking to have a colorful egg basket in the future. im trying to work on all colors. thanks for tip kilsharion.

Hello from san angelo tx. kilsharion tipped me off to this site so here i go. im semi new to chickens. i had them when i was a teenager which was a lil bit ago but im looking for some legbars or some of there eggs. if anyone can help message me. Kids and i are looking to have a colorful egg basket in the future. im trying to work on all colors. thanks for tip kilsharion.

Hi! I'm over between Glen Rose and Walnut Springs. Somewhere in that vicinity. There is a map on here that lets you post where you are or at least see where others are to see how many potential enablers live near you.

Howdy and
welcome-byc.gif
from Rosenberg,TX!! I believe you will find what you want in no time at all.

Lisa :)

I have seen them, yes! Catkai breeds silkied americauna's and i think that is bred the same way as the frizzle gene, she might be able to help u out as well

I don't know anything about the frizzle stuff. I'd guess it's the same as the silkied. Only thing I have made silkied besides the Ameraucana is an Olive Egger.

*smooth - regular bird, does not carry the silkied gene
*split - carries the silkied gene

silked x silkied = silkied
silkied x split = silkied & split
silkied x smooth = splits --- splits from this you take back to silkied = splits & silkied

I have 1 Welsummer hen that lays a really dark egg, crossed her with a splash Silkied Amerauacana roo = got a blue olive egger with white lacing on her head/neck. Then crossed her with a blue silkied Ameraucana roo and got a black & a blue silkied olive egger pullets. Not tried to introduce it into any other breed yet. Considering doing it with Marans.

Coop progress pics -- the basic frame and walls are done. The Husband just needs to cut out the pop door into the run (covered and adjoining this coop), add the nest boxes and fashion the door for egg retrieval, put up the roosts and poop boards ... and add the hardware cloth.

Coop: 5x6
Attached Run: 6x9
(six birds)

**If you see anything that needs attention, please let me know! We're newbies. :)

If you want to see the before pics, they are here.

PEOPLE SIDE/FOOD STORAGE

People door and visual of the ventilation vents and windows at the top of each interior wall.

We went with vinyl flooring over the existing wooden floor.

Visual of how interior layout will be

People Entrance/Nest Box World

How much light is available when the people door is shut.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom