Texas

hows all your birds doing Ken? im sure you got your handsful now, with more to come soon, right?
They are doing good, thanks. I always seem to have my hands full. lol Just trying to hatch as many as I can to make up for a crappy Spring.

My OE hen laid an egg on the 12th and the 18th of last month and hasn't laid since. I'm kind of getting worried. Is yours laying yet?

Agree! It's one of those subjects that really brings the ranting and raving out of me! We were living in Hutto when this happened and I remember it well. They are killing us off and we are allowing them too! Ok.. all I am going to say on the subject. I am sooo sorry about your horse!
hugs.gif
The article made it sound like it just happened. When was this? I sometimes want to just stand on the side of the road screaming at people to pay attention but I know it will not do any good. When I mentioned to my hubbies family something about GMOs they said " you mean the car manufacturer?"
lau.gif
I'm not joking. They really said that. A lot of people just do not know. It is a really sad and scary thing. I love to hear stories of people burning monsanto's fields. Burn baby burn!
somad.gif
O.k. see, now I just sound like one of the crazies! Kalypso(horse) is o.k. thanks. It was pretty scary. It has been a very expensive vet month. To anyone who lives in or around Marble falls check out Dr David Fry. I called him on a Friday night at 9 and he was here in 45 minutes and stayed till almost after midnight making sure the horse was o.k. I can not recommend him enough!!!!!!
So glad your horse is OK, one of our TB's was colicing this morning, he has never coliced in his life. Banamined him & saw him go to the bathroom so he's not compacted. He seems better this afternoon. Please don't get me started on GMO's :barnie

Well, had my first predator attack.  Had chickens for a year and a half.  No trouble.  All of them have been in chain link pens.  I had 5 cockerels that I was waiting for a fellow to pick up.  I closed in the half of my garden area that I did not use this year and surrounded it with cattle panels.  I put tin on 3 sides, but had not done the fourth side.  I had taken another panel and offset it so the holes were about 2 x 2.  They were sleeping in my old pygmy goat shed with an open front.  About 3:15 my wife woke me up and said something was in one of the pens.  I go out and 4 of them were o.k. and one gone.  Feathers all over the pen.  One seemed to be kinda in shock, but got over it.  One missing with feathers outside of the overlaid panels.  Don't know how it got the chicken between the 2 x 2 hole, but did.  I walked and looked and found nothing.  When I went out my Australian shepherd comes from behind the house.  I fuss at him for being worthless.  Later I find the dead chicken in the back yard.  I guess he ran down and scared off the predator and brought dinner back to the house.  The neck was damaged, so my thinking was a coon.  Now have to close in the front today, set a live trap and close up my other houses at night.  I am just going to use the panel areas for day pens and lock up the birds at night.  Pistol and light by the back door now.  Wouldn't you know it got the one that I was having second thoughts culling because of his development. 

We learned the hard way, it's amazing how they can pull a chick through such a small hole. Hardware cloth is the only thing that seems to keep them out :old

Italia, I am glad you horse is doing better.

backtosimplelife, you realize that is at least twice you have said you were going to have to buy a gun??? I think it is time.

I was reading a little while ago a farmer found the Monsanto wheat in his field. The grain hadn't been released to the public yet, but there it was. Am I right in thinking you CAN'T get rid of it?

Lisa :)
Have you read about all the suicides in India? Farmers this very minute are killing themselves to get out of the grip of monsanto to save the future of their families. No, to answer your question this has unleashed unimaginable damage that no one knows how to stop. Kind of like the radiation coming from Japan. Crazy, crazy, crazy times we are living in. The best you can do is inform people. Eat right and do not shop at walmart or watch T.V. Say no with your wallet. Bank with credit unions and stop shopping at big box stores. Our democracy has its pockets lined with these killers. It makes me furious. Sorry, I think this is on the verge of breaking rules here but it is a matter of health really.
For example Cockle-Dood asked what is GMO. Maybe you were joking? Perfect example of how many people just do not know.

Has anyone seen "The Happening"

So glad your horse is OK, one of our TB's was colicing this morning, he has never coliced in his life. Banamined him & saw him go to the bathroom so he's not compacted. He seems better this afternoon. Please don't get me started on GMO's
barnie.gif
I'm sorry you had a colic too. It is always scary. How do you protect yourself from getting GMO hay? Things have been soooo bad on hay and drought the past few years, I am just happy to get green under 10 dollars
th.gif

Have you read about all the suicides in India? Farmers this very minute are killing themselves to get out of the grip of monsanto to save the future of their families. No, to answer your question this has unleashed unimaginable damage that no one knows how to stop. Kind of like the radiation coming from Japan. Crazy, crazy, crazy times we are living in. The best you can do is inform people. Eat right and do not shop at walmart or watch T.V. Say no with your wallet. Bank with credit unions and stop shopping at big box stores. Our democracy has its pockets lined with these killers. It makes me furious. Sorry, I think this is on the verge of breaking rules here but it is a matter of health really.
For example Cockle-Dood asked what is GMO. Maybe you were joking? Perfect example of how many people just do not know.

Has anyone seen "The Happening"

i didnt ask what GMO was, im very aware of that, just didnt know the company...

i didnt ask what GMO was, im very aware of that, just didnt know the company...
Sorry, I did not mean to target you so to say. A lot of people are not aware of the bio-tech companies names that are responsible for this horror show. In the war that agent orange was first used, their are still in effect generations later. These companies must be stopped! Knowledge protects you and your loved ones.

They are doing good, thanks. I always seem to have my hands full. lol Just trying to hatch as many as I can to make up for a crappy Spring.

My OE hen laid an egg on the 12th and the 18th of last month and hasn't laid since. I'm kind of getting worried. Is yours laying yet?

no, mine havent been laying much at all. between the heat and the meds i have had them on over the last 2 weeks they havent been producing much. Im hoping since the weather has cooled a bit ill have mine that are due to lay, actually start laying. I did find a pretty pinkish tinted egg yesterday that is leading me to believe that soemone is wanting to join in on the party

Sorry, I did not mean to target you so to say. A lot of people are not aware of the bio-tech companies names that are responsible for this horror show. In the war that agent orange was first used, their are still in effect generations later. These companies must be stopped! Knowledge protects you and your loved ones.

i went to college to study biomedical sciences and wanted to get into the genome manipulation...more for a cancer resarch approach, but i stopped going with 1 semester left of my degree because of the job outlook. Without a masters or PHD every biology major is forced into that field of GMO plants and food. I didnt take any offense, just wanted to be clear that i was only mislead by the name of the company, not the issue with GMO...i am pretty well versed and trained in that field and that is exactly why i moved out to a field and raise as much of my own goods as i can.

Back
Top Bottom