Texas

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
lac1975 and a big Welcome to the Texas Thread.
I was raised in Hillsboro and now live outside of Cleburne.
What kind of chickens to you have?
smile.png

I have some white & exchequer leghorns, some black autralorps (I think), and some mystery chickens (still to young to tell at the moment). I also have 2 bantam chicks, well they are my nephew's actually. Along with 6 guinea keets, 4 turkey poults & my ducklings & gosling & 1 yr olds toulouse goose and blue Swede duck.

So excited, got my chix nipples yesterday and promptly made a waterer out of a Gatorade bottle for the chicks. Took them less than a minute to figure it out.
big_smile.png
. Today my goal is to make my watering system for the main coop using PVC. That way I can put a frozen milk jug in with their water to keep it cool. Any other suggestions about beating the heat? I see my girls mouth breathing a lot in the afternoons and I'm pretty sure it's from the high temps. They're in the shade with plenty of ventilation when they aren't free in the backyard. They show absolutely no interest in the big bowl of sand/seven/dirt I made for dust bathing and insist on trying to dust in my heavy clay soil.

After 3 weeks I've become CHICKEN OBSESSED!
big_smile.png

Hi Yall...I'm in San Antonio...maybe moving to Austin soon? (maybe) I heard Austin is very chicken friendly...
frow.gif
I'm new to chickens, I have an 8 week old rooster, that I got as a day old, named Little Jerry (as in Jerry Seinfeld) and I also have 2 BarredRock girls that are 2 weeks old on monday. Their names are Lucy and Michelle. I love my chickens!!
love.gif
celebrate.gif

S.L.Swope :

Howdy fellow Texans,

So I really want to get chickens but my husband wants me to see what I'm going to be getting myself into. So that said, I live in San Antonio, Northwest side, anyone else out there in San Antonio that wouldn't mind giving me a tour of their coop and maybe be a mentor to a new chicken owner wanna be? I'm a mostly stay at home mom so I'm available most days to make plans as long as you don't mind my two year old son taging along.
big_smile.png

So I am also new to chickens...I also Live in SA...Just down the street from you..and we (well my hubby) is almost done with our coop...I have an 8 week old rooster and 2 week old barred rocks...If you want to come over sometime I'll show you my set up and maybe you can show me your GARDENS...as my hubby said that was our next project!
thumbsup.gif
Oh yeah, I also have a 4 year old. Let me know when...​

5Leepy! :

Quote:
Hi MotherHenMindy! I'm in Austin too.

Me too! Lived here since I was 7 years old, 35 years now. :)

Im not too far from you all...we live at the end of the Parmer Lane extension in Georgetown. ( Ronald Reagan Blvd )

Back
Top Bottom