Texas

Have you read about all the suicides in India? Farmers this very minute are killing themselves to get out of the grip of monsanto to save the future of their families. No, to answer your question this has unleashed unimaginable damage that no one knows how to stop. Kind of like the radiation coming from Japan. Crazy, crazy, crazy times we are living in. The best you can do is inform people. Eat right and do not shop at walmart or watch T.V. Say no with your wallet. Bank with credit unions and stop shopping at big box stores. Our democracy has its pockets lined with these killers. It makes me furious. Sorry, I think this is on the verge of breaking rules here but it is a matter of health really.
For example Cockle-Dood asked what is GMO. Maybe you were joking? Perfect example of how many people just do not know.

Has anyone seen "The Happening"

I no longer buy cold cereals for my children because most of them are made with GMO. I now buy old fashion rolled oats nuts and fruit..... it is so easy 1cup cold pressed oil (grape seed or olive) 1cup honey, 12 cups rolled oats, 2 cups flour, cinnamon, vanilla to your liking, 1 cup nuts, fruit if you choose. then bake at 250 for 8 min or so. I change it up all the time, once I added coco powder and a little more sweetener. My girls LOVE it and eat it up super fast. If you go to the big box stores shop the out sides and not the middle to avoid GMO and other crap. Even small changes are good for you. I no longer buy salted butter as it greatly increases the shelf life, unsalted will always be more fresh. (ha ha I almost said be fresher)

no, mine havent been laying much at all. between the heat and the meds i have had them on over the last 2 weeks they havent been producing much. Im hoping since the weather has cooled a bit ill have mine that are due to lay, actually start laying. I did find a pretty pinkish tinted egg yesterday that is leading me to believe that soemone is wanting to join in on the party

Speaking of hens laying I was wondering if either of the hens are laying for you yet. Only one of ours that hatched at the same time have started the rest are late comers. The one that we got from littlewing when you were there with DH started laying. This must be just a slow year for layers, everyone is having poor laying, and early molting. DH says that must mean were going to get and early winter, I sure hope so a good hard one too. We need a few good freezes to kill off some of these pesky bugs, havent had a really good freeze in a few years, it's time...lol.

It's hot! 100° or hotter some days. Keeping them watered and wetting ground around them a couple of times a day. And this is in the shade. What else can I do to make sure they won't keel over?

I'm not sure why, but the quote isn't working!

Italia, what does watching TV have to do with Monsanto and GMO food?
roll.png

I'm not sure why, but the quote isn't working!

Italia, what does watching TV have to do with Monsanto and GMO food?

No, it is just not good for our brains. I am trying to get my family to stop watching TV but it is crazy hard to do with a TV in the home. The reason why I want to get rid of the TV is because it is mind numbing. Our brains work constantly even in sleep, going over the things seen, learned, and done in that day. There are may more things that should occupy our minds other than really good TV programs. For children the things they learn are dulled by placing the things seen on tv in their minds as they go about their day or even when they sleep. How many times I have gotten addicted to a TV show or a game and had dreams about that. I LOVE to watch tv but also realize that it isn't so good for me, I should be reading a good book and teaching myself something. I have a new goal which is to learn something new every month, something small, but helpful to me in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom