Texas

Those neighbors of mine are commercial farmers, but they are also good people. There a lot of people like them out here in the area I live in. They are Homestead Heritage people. They have their own little community of people with old fashioned beliefs. They are all super hard workers and super nice. I'm happy to have them as my neighbors, over a bunch of teenage crooks any day.

If you are in North Dallas, you might want to check with North Haven Gardens. They have a chicken sale coming up on the 21st. Also, D & L Farm and Home (Denton, TX) regularly has chicks available. -have been very pleased with what we've purchased there. They had some Ameraucanas that were about two weeks old last week. They do have silkies regularly as well. They keep cochin bantams, Buff Orpingtons, Australorps, Golden Comets, Barred Rocks, Golden/Silver Laced Wyandottes, and other breeds as well.

Last edited:
That is great! I will see if I can find web site. She will enjoy the surprise. I am going to find a way to learn to keep them at my home until xmas lol

They could. :)  These are actual beads though and not Scrabble tiles.  They are extremely light weight.   I have some beads just like these with old fashioned bikes on them. Not sure what I will put together with them.

You could glue them to a frame for stability.

(I thought I sent this earlier.)

I am located in Waco, and I have a few breeds in my incubator now that were mail ordered and I will have too many once they hatch. I have reds, buff orps, rhode island whites, seramas, and bluelacedred wyandottes. I could let have of any breed go for $4 a chick. I also have a friend down the road who sells 5 month old birds and supplies MacMurry hatchery online with contract orders. They can't ship the birds once they are too grown, so they sell them off cheaper to the locals. They hold around 2000 birds, and the 5 month old go for $15 a bird. Pretty cheap for a bird that age.

Finally I am home so I can listen to the music link. Wow , bring back some memories.

@Jelly: I look at Johnny River and I was shock. For a moment, I thought i was looking at the mirror, haha

@Tammy: In my first year in US, the teachers always call me Hung Nugent. Some even changes my name in the roster, thinking I mispelled my own name.

Ya gave me an idea. And I will have a surprise for ya tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom