Texas

I found Belgium puppies in Houston. They're high drive working lines and he has a "bad type" female for $500... But, I don't really want to go through the puppy stage with a high drive dog. I'd want one ready to work.

If you still want a boxer and not a puppy try Austin boxer rescue they are great and rescue pure and mix boxers of all ages

Good morning all. Thanks for the many prayers and wishful thinking. I've spent the last two days in denial. Waking up every morning and continuing on like I didn't hear the words "you're not developing. You're not pregnant." From the doctor.

Apparently, lots of women have dealt with this style of pregnancy. The baby tried to latch on to my tubes instead of my uterus.

We went out dancing last night to try and lighten the mood and DF is still passed out in bed. I'm laying next to him cramping so bad I think I'm gonna just die. Never had cramps like this before ( sorry guys ) but it feels like there's little leprechauns doing the salsa in there.

I built a giant fire yesterday and my best friend and I sat and drank and talked as if all was normal. Back to life now. Our families are a little disappointed as well. My dad was building my crib.

Like I said, though. I can't sit around and dwell over this. It happens to lots of women. Instead I'll continue on the oath of life like the soldier I am now and always will be. Maybe if I don't pick smoking back up... Yes I had a few cigs last night... I'll have a better chance next time. Or maybe I'll go get a puppy. ( Side humor. Y'all know I'm a jokester... )

Guess I need to fall out of bed and make everyone a hangover cure all breakfast. I'm sure they're worse than me this morning.. ugh the song birds are so loud. How did I used to think this was normal?

Sorry u had to go through this u will be in my prayers. It is never easy I know.

Your pups are gorgeous! And very lucky to have you for a momma.

She's adorable. I wanted a boxer at one point in my life... but my current want is a German Shepherd Dog. My boy Chance passed many years ago and he was my best friend in the entire world. My grandmother gave him to me when I was six and I was seventeen when he passed. I replaced him with a heeler, who passed on Valentines day. Now I'm on the hunt for another purebred rescue. I found several rescues in my area or within driving distance and am awaiting approval to go meet a very special lady that has many issues.

This is Chance and my cousin McCade a month or so before Chance passed. ( That picture didn't load in the first time) the second picture is Chance when we were still showing.

Thank you to both of you!!!! We love em so much and they are wonderful running buddies and have such a high drive for everything!! The white one is Boo the brindle in the same picture is Dempsy and the bottom fawn one is Bailey

I am about to head out to Magnolia‎ TX‎ sure wish she was having this next week so I would be there for the trades day in Conroe next Sunday. Oh well I talk at y'all when I can. I am sure there will be 20 pages on here to read if I can not get back on until Sunday.
I hope ya'll have a great weekend. Stay safe!

Good morning all. Thanks for the many prayers and wishful thinking.
So sorry you had to go through this.
hugs.gif

I'm very big on the everything happens for a reason thing. DF and I didn't speak for five years and I found him on fb while he was still deployed. We've known each other for ten years but just now fell into the right place, right time.

I know in my heart it will happen when it's supposed to. I constantly dream of that curly red headed blue eyed little girl in the sundress. I know she will come to me one day.

Until then, I can't sit around and dwell. Most women wouldn't have even known by the time I found out I was losing it. I have over fourty animals that count on me to get up every morning and turn them out. That trust I never let their water run dry. So I can't sit and mope. It's not in my nature.
Sorry about the bad news...but I can tell you are a strong woman...and all things happen for a reason snd in there own time.
You have the right mind set, so you will be ok! Take care ...Magpie

Since I've been busy with my kids coming I haven't had time to read...i think there are 19 pages to catch up on.
Does anyone know if Lisaterrell88 hen Sandy did ok. Last I knew she was egg bound. I tried to give her some info from my book. Just wondering...I hope it worked out ok...Magpie

Did anyone go to the Brazos Valley Poultry Club Trade Day in Giddings??? Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend but a friend still got me a new pair of d'Anvers!!!

And is anyone else planning to attend the Lawn Show? It's a VERY small show... limited to 100 birds

Last edited:
We hav
Question for Austin area peeps (pun intended).  :p   It looks like we have a drake in our flock & we're trying to decide what to do...

(1) Should we keep him, and try to hatch/sell the babies?
(2) Should we cull him, and have our first duck dinner?
(3) Should we sell him, and try to maintain an all female flock?

Any suggestions?
Anyone looking for an adolescent Pekin drake?
Anyone interested in buying baby ducks (if we end up having any, they would be Pekin/Crested mix)?

- TieDyeMommy
e two female pekin ducks and want a drake so we can raise more

Back
Top Bottom