Texas

Finally dwindled my rooster number down to 1 docile awesome Polish Cross and am able to let my 12 -16 week old pullets into the coop yard. Poor babies were literally all cooped up in the coop, which was their only form of protection from bird killing dogs and overzealous cockerals!

Okay, its been a while since I have posted, but I have a problem and I need the expert advise of fellow Texas Chicken-heads. I have 13 hens and usually get 8-11 eggs a day. Well, on Wednesday I only had 3 eggs and yesterday was a single lonely egg. What gives? Are the chickens eating them or is something keeping the hens from laying. I'm thinking maybe its heat related???

Okay, its been a while since I have posted, but I have a problem and I need the expert advise of fellow Texas Chicken-heads. I have 13 hens and usually get 8-11 eggs a day. Well, on Wednesday I only had 3 eggs and yesterday was a single lonely egg. What gives? Are the chickens eating them or is something keeping the hens from laying. I'm thinking maybe its heat related???

It's probably heat or stress related. They could even be trying to go into a molt. My younger hens molted days after they started laying.

Back
Top Bottom