Texas

I will try that to. Thank you!
PolePole - If you can't find bantam pullets nearby, I discovered by accident that Cackle Hatchery now sells pullets in select bantam breeds. They're pricey, but if you only want or can only have pullets, it may be an option. http://www.cacklehatchery.com/bantam.html#sexable

The bantam breeds they have that are sexable are (list from the page link above):
Barred Rock Bantams, Dominique Bantams, Buff Brahma Bantams, Rhode Island Red Bantams, Barred Old English Game Bantams, Crele Old English Game Bantams, Red Cochin Bantams, Golden Laced Cochin Bantams, Barred Cochin Bantams.

I don't know about y'all, but I've started my flower beds back up. I have dirt embedded in my nails and am still not done. All of my tubers and bulbs are in, seeds started, and the vegetables are in grow pots in the green house. I got help from my olive egger trio, if I can do it off of my phone I will upload pictures. Lucky was crowing up a storm!

All of the trees we've been cutting down are lining all of my new flower beds. Who needs landscape timbers when you have a husband with a chainsaw?

I don't know about y'all, but I've started my flower beds back up. I have dirt embedded in my nails and am still not done. All of my tubers and bulbs are in, seeds started, and the vegetables are in grow pots in the green house. I got help from my olive egger trio, if I can do it off of my phone I will upload pictures. Lucky was crowing up a storm!

All of the trees we've been cutting down are lining all of my new flower beds. Who needs landscape timbers when you have a husband with a chainsaw?
I started tomatoes and pepper seeds. I usually wait and direct sow everything else beginning of march in the raised beds

I'm going to have to go buy broccoli seedlings. The outdoor kitties thought they would *help* me after I repotted some of the seeds I had started. Little furballs enjoyed laying on the pots with the broccoli seedlings and then knocked them over. The kitties have also eaten some of the strawberry leaves...and kale that was already planted in the garden under the hoops. Fortunately they have left the peas, carrots, and spinach that's already out in the garden alone. Hope your chicken helpers were better than my kitty helpers.

Still waiting for nasturtiums to come up in the seed starter pots. Have not had good luck with those things for three years running now, either planting them in place or in pots. Really want them since they are edible and help repel some garden pests. Did finally get this year's onion crop to *take* and they are sending up sprouts. The garlic has been growing well all winter. Had planted in November to grow all winter under the hoops, but the last of the freaking grasshoppers killed what I had planted until the last of the hoppers finally died off in December.

We didn't plant anything ahead except for the little bit I planted last year when we moved in. My grandmother sent me home with an entire truck load of tubers and assorted plants, took me all week to get them in. The daffodils and narcissus are happy enough here they sprouted blooms and bloomed, they've only been in the ground eight days I'm their new flower bed.

I'm excited for spring. It needs to hurry up.

I've already sprouted some sunflower seeds. I hope it's not to early.
1f613.png

I have been putting off doing the garden. Just when I think it is going to stay warm enough it gets cold and I don't want to go outside and do anything! I have seeds that I will try to sprout inside and hopefully by then I will get my act together and get the garden bed prepped up.

Back
Top Bottom