Texas

Ugh. Lost a 6 week old EE last night. My daughter named it Camo. It was fine in the morning, and dead last night. No idea what happened.

This was Camo when we got her.

Camo last week.

Thanks for letting me share this. She's my first chicken loss, and I'll admit, I cried a little. Not sure what happened, but I felt horrible.

Ugh. Lost a 6 week old EE last night. My daughter named it Camo. It was fine in the morning, and dead last night. No idea what happened.

This was Camo when we got her.

Camo last week.

Thanks for letting me share this. She's my first chicken loss, and I'll admit, I cried a little. Not sure what happened, but I felt horrible.
Sorry for your loss.
Hope DD is doing well.
hugs.gif

Sorry for your loss.
Hope DD is doing well.
hugs.gif

She actually left Saturday for 2 weeks at grandma's. I haven't told her, and won't until she gets back. I had a brief moment when I thought, hmm, maybe she won't notice, and I just won't tell her. But she knows every single one of the 34, even the unnamed ones. It will take her about 15 seconds to realize one is missing.I guess that's a part of owning animals, though.

Yes, definitely not my last. Funny enough, I'm prepared to butcher the extra roos when the time comes, but was upset over this loss. I guess I thought I had got them past the delicate chick stage... or something. Ah well. I am going to bury her when I get home. Don't laugh, it's required by my daughter for all of the pets, even fish and hamsters. It will make her feel better to see a little cross for Camo.

Thanks, y'all.

Ugh. Lost a 6 week old EE last night. My daughter named it Camo. It was fine in the morning, and dead last night. No idea what happened. This was Camo when we got her. Sorry to hear about Camo. It is never easy to lose a chicken. Camo last week. Thanks for letting me share this. She's my first chicken loss, and I'll admit, I cried a little. Not sure what happened, but I felt horrible.

She actually left Saturday for 2 weeks at grandma's. I haven't told her, and won't until she gets back. I had a brief moment when I thought, hmm, maybe she won't notice, and I just won't tell her. But she knows every single one of the 34, even the unnamed ones. It will take her about 15 seconds to realize one is missing.I guess that's a part of owning animals, though.

Yes, definitely not my last. Funny enough, I'm prepared to butcher the extra roos when the time comes, but was upset over this loss. I guess I thought I had got them past the delicate chick stage... or something. Ah well. I am going to bury her when I get home. Don't laugh, it's required by my daughter for all of the pets, even fish and hamsters. It will make her feel better to see a little cross for Camo.

Thanks, y'all.

I don't think I'll ever be old enough to stop burying animals I've raised as pets. The only one's I've been able to toss were the DOA chicks and the ones that died within a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom