Texas

old.gif
Computer was in the shop. So, hello again to all, Darn technology.

On the bright side, I have been running some hatches and my roosters are doing their jobs. I have hatched a group of LF Chocolate Orpingtons. I suspect there is a mottled gene the way some of the chicks are turning out, which is pretty cool. Some seem to have the standard FL genes, but it might be the general coloration of the chicks too. I managed to hatch Black Copper Marans, and blue Americaunas. I love the blue feathering, slate blue legs, and sky blue eggs of my Blue Americanas. I have some hens maturing, with one hen laying. So, the young hens are POL, with one girl producing and with good fertility.

So, I am pretty happy with my hatch rates.

Wendy if you ever come West on a trip let me know. I would love to get some wild colored domestic rabbits started feral here at our place and I would buy a bunch of them.
Thanks, Ed
WildWoods
Lampasas, Texas

Wendy if you ever come West on a trip let me know. I would love to get some wild colored domestic rabbits started feral here at our place and I would buy a bunch of them. 
Thanks, Ed
WildWoods
Lampasas, Texas

Nice to meet you Wild Ed. Will look around on your profile later :))
I travel quiet often. Though not as much now that I retired. I only have a couple left that are colored like cottontails. And no more breeding till fall, too hot. BUT, I will keep you in mind when fall rolls around. Not sure how they will do feral. U may have too many predators. But will let you try for 5 bucks each! :D
I have family in Odessa, Midland, Stanton. CPA & Attny in Sweetwater. And lived and went to school in Grady, Tx for a couple years. So I am out your way every now & again.

Wendy years ago I lived in Abilene, my wife is from Colorado City. In the seventies I caught rattlesnakes for the roundup in Sweetwater. Lots of old memories of that part of the State.

Wendy years ago I lived in Abilene, my wife is from Colorado City. In the seventies I caught rattlesnakes for the roundup in Sweetwater. Lots of old memories of that part of the State.r I
I remember rattlesnake roundups. They were usually part of the regular gun shows in New Mexico. They finally stopped it after the wrangler got bit too many times.

Wendy years ago I lived in Abilene, my wife is from Colorado City. In the seventies I caught rattlesnakes for the roundup in Sweetwater. Lots of old memories of that part of the State.
At the roundup in Sweetwater this year they were paying 10 dollars a pound for the rattlesnakes. If I did not have such an aversion to snakes in general and Rattlesnakes in particular I would do what some of those folks do. One group actually turned in almost a thousand pounds of rattlesnakes.

At the roundup in Sweetwater this year they were paying 10 dollars a pound for the rattlesnakes. If I did not have such an aversion to snakes in general and Rattlesnakes in particular I would do what some of those folks do. One group actually turned in almost a thousand pounds of rattlesnakes. 

I know it is part of the heritage & culture in many places. I did have the opportunity to attend the Sweetwater round up many times in the 70's. And it was a LOT wilder then. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom