Texas

My brother's wife's sister got hit in Bridlewood Estates yesterday....CRAZY!
Bad wind damage...but fixable thank god.

Last edited:
O Wow! I am so sorry to hear that. It was definitely crazy weather yesterday.

It never happens to you...you know...
But you always know someone who it happens to.

Crazy...we are used to hurricanes and never even worry about silly tornadoes...til now.

Count me in! Originally from Ft Worth but moved to Leesburg (East Texas) two years ago. Didn't raise chickens in FW but now have 15 layers and 5 roosters that should have been hens. I found it is important to stick with the guy at the feed store that has always sexed them right. I wanted some unusual breeds so went to another breeder and 4 out of 5 ended up being roosters. Can't even GIVE the roosters away, no one seems to want roosters. Oh, we also have 4 dogs: a Blue Heeler that came with the house, a Beagle that someone dumped, our 17 yo Jack Russell and my baby Shih Tzu...they all seem to get along well with the chickens.

Count me in! Originally from Ft Worth but moved to Leesburg (East Texas) two years ago. Didn't raise chickens in FW but now have 15 layers and 5 roosters that should have been hens. I found it is important to stick with the guy at the feed store that has always sexed them right. I wanted some unusual breeds so went to another breeder and 4 out of 5 ended up being roosters. Can't even GIVE the roosters away, no one seems to want roosters. Oh, we also have 4 dogs: a Blue Heeler that came with the house, a Beagle that someone dumped, our 17 yo Jack Russell and my baby Shih Tzu...they all seem to get along well with the chickens.
welcome-byc.gif
I know your pain in trying to get rid of the roosters... I had 17 at one time, lol. Mine were purchased un sexed though and came as 'extras' in my shipment.

frow.gif
Welcome from Rosenberg!

Have you tried putting the roosters on CraigsList? I see them on there all the time. It is either that or the freezer.

Hi there neighbor!
Welcome to BYC.

Are you willing to eat your roosters?

Back
Top Bottom