Texas

I would be reticent to put bantam hens in with a large fowl rooster. Roosters think of only a few things: eating, protecting their hens, calling their hens when there is food, matting, and beating up on rival roosters. So, I can imagine it being a bit like a Great Dane trying to mate a poodle. Not the best idea, and probably very hard on the poodle.

Thanks! Good to be back.
How's your family? You?

I see your back is finally getting to you.

Actually, I have oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (opmd) and I got it young and it is progressive and incurable. My back is messed up on top of it. Basically, you are born with it, and it is like a ticking time bomb until it hits. I didn't know what I had until I got genetic testing. Usually, it hits older people and is more mild. It is the rarest form of muscular dystrophy. Three groups tend to get it, Northern New Mexico Hispanics, French Canadians, and Eastern European Safardic Jews. Mine was the later, my grandmother, through, not practicing was a carrier, and gave my mother a milder form, I got it off the charts and younger than most. So, that is what it ended up being. I am Mr. Mom. I do what I can around the house while my wife works, and take care of the kids.

Did you guys move.

Actually, I have oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (opmd) and I got it young and it is progressive and incurable. My back is messed up on top of it. Basically, you are born with it, and it is like a ticking time bomb until it hits. I didn't know what I had until I got genetic testing. Usually, it hits older people and is more mild. It is the rarest form of muscular dystrophy. Three groups tend to get it, Northern New Mexico Hispanics, French Canadians, and Eastern European Safardic Jews. Mine was the later, my grandmother, through, not practicing was a carrier, and gave my mother a milder form, I got it off the charts and younger than most. So, that is what it ended up being. I am Mr. Mom. I do what I can around the house while my wife works, and take care of the kids.

Did you guys move.

You know from now on, in my mind, I will be calling/referring to you as Mr. Mom.
hugs.gif

Actually, I have oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy (opmd) and I got it young and it is progressive and incurable.  My back is messed up on top of it.  Basically, you are born with it, and it is like a ticking time bomb until it hits.  I didn't know what I had until I got genetic testing.  Usually, it hits older people and is more mild.  It is the rarest form of muscular dystrophy.  Three groups tend to get it, Northern New Mexico Hispanics, French Canadians, and Eastern European Safardic Jews.  Mine was the later, my grandmother, through, not practicing was a carrier, and gave my mother a milder form, I got it off the charts and younger than most.  So, that is what it ended up being.  I am Mr. Mom.  I do what I can around the house while my wife works, and take care of the kids.

Did you guys move.

Not yet.

We will be moving in a few months (within the year, anyway) back to South Texas. John is leaving Monday to work with Dad on the ranch and scout properties.

BIG hugs to you. I know you can't be slowed down much, Mr. Mom.

Howdy from Conroe, About an hour North of Houston.

I have Svart Hona (smaller cousin to the Ayem cemani), Barnvielders, Black Copper Marans, Buff Orpingtons, Welsummers, Salmon Faverolles and quite a few easter eggers

Back
Top Bottom