Texas

Quote:
Unless there were 16 dogs in a kennel out back ... or three big dogs that wouldn't fit in his one toyota corolla with his wife and 4 kids .. or maybe he just didn't want to bother.. hard to say.

I've run the scenerio through my head a number of times - what to do with the rabbits.. which chickens could I catch .. what to grab out of the house .. how much time do I have? .... it's got to be a nightmare..

Sorry but I wasn't passing judgement. Just saying it was a tragedy about his situation of having to leave without them.

Oh, no FG, you clearly said you were withholding judgement! I was just running scenerios in my mind (including the one where he just didn't want to deal with it) ..

It's all good, girl!

I'm In Austin
smile.png
Beautiful Lakes But Unbearably HOT
somad.gif
Summers
smile.png
Like The Rest Of Texas
smile.png

Texas just set a record for the hottest July and August in the history of the country the 2nd hottest was OK in 1933' the 3rd and 4th are OK 2011 and Louisiana 2011
Also one of the worst droughts in history.
And we have the fires to prove it

I have been evacuated for the last 4 days and still am not sure if I have a house which I just bought and moved into 4 days before the evacuation. Luckily my "Pet" chickens had not been moved in as yet so they are OK.
My new home is 1 mile south of Todd Mission and 5 miles north of Magnolia just off of 1774 and Riley rd. Maybe tomorrow I get to find out for sure if I still have a house.
We are going to have a house warming if we still have a house. Sometime after the 20th of Sept as we have all new furniture which is not delivered as yet.

My chickens are getting extra treats every day for now and they don't even know how lucky they really are.

Quote:
OMG bearing ... not a good place to have a house this week ..
hugs.gif

I woke up this morning smelling smoke. It seems the winds have shifted and we had a big ol' blanket of smoke laying on us this morning. The fire also jumped 1486 and has come a little north .. closing 1486 all the way to Jackson Road .. which is about 10 miles from us ... ugh.

We still can't get back to our place it may be several more days before they open 1774 to Riley rd in the Magnolia area
Those poor firefighters are working day and night in the heat trying to help us
Will this fire ever end?\\
We did just talk to someone who has seen our house today and reported to us that it is OK at this time but winds are due to change again

Back
Top Bottom