Thank you vets and those active in the service

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by nuchickontheblock, May 30, 2011.

1. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    Hi all,
    A huge thank you to all the vets and those who are active in the service now. Without you, we wouldn't have the freedoms we do today.
    God Bless and take care. [​IMG]
    Paula

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    [​IMG]
    Quote:

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I posted this on my FB page.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Arlin...d/20110527/photos_net_web_wl/1306525034/#null

This is what Memorial Day is all about. Not picnics, a day off from school or work, the beginning of summer. This could be anyone of us who has a husband, wife, son, daughter, father, mother, or someone we just love. When you take a bite of that hot dog and wash it down with that ice cold beer, remember it's because of Sergeant Jimmy Regan and those like him that you can!

OORAH!!!

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] agree 100 % THANKS THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:[​IMG] agree 100 % THANKS THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED

6. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    I posted this on my FB page.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Arlington … 5034/#null

This is what Memorial Day is all about. Not picnics, a day off from school or work, the beginning of summer. This could be anyone of us who has a husband, wife, son, daughter, father, mother, or someone we just love. When you take a bite of that hot dog and wash it down with that ice cold beer, remember it's because of Sergeant Jimmy Regan and those like him that you can!

OORAH!!!

X4​

7. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    From a US Navy Veteran of VP Squadron 47- the Golden Swordsmen, wife of a Former active Marine who worked on Harriers, daughter of an Air Force serviceman, grand daughter of an Army Air Corp serviceman. Niece to an aunt who is married to a Senior Chief in the Navy, who's daughter was in the Navy, who was married to a Submariner, another cousin who was in the Navy, my brother was a Reservist and National Guard Sargent....
    Thank you for thanking us.
    And Thank you to those who are currently serving, and prayers to those who didn't make it back and their families.

if you know some one who doesn't know what to do with their life.. have them talk to an Airforce or Navy recruiter. It can help them pay for college and help them to grow up, learn responsibility and learn a new trade.

8. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Thank you veterans and those that did not make it.

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    And we thank YOU for your support!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by