Thanksgiving Hatchalong

We've got four babies now! One is partridge which is strange... our only partridge hen is a silkie and none of her eggs were in the nest. Maybe genetics from the silkie rooster, as we have proof that he is the daddy. I thought these babies were smaller than normal but we now also have proof.

They are all small, smaller than I remember seeing any full size chicken chicks being. So we are going to have a batch of half silkie half laying hen chicks. This will be interesting. Especially as these eggs were laid after the silkie rooster was separated for about a week but now I know that hens can hold sperm for a few weeks.
So cute!

Adding 24 quail eggs to the incubator this evening. Luckily, the eggs arrived yesterday, which was day 3 for the chicken eggs so, if I set them this evening, they'll all be scheduled to lock-down/hatch on the same day.

Here's hoping the hatch goes well this time around!
fl.gif

Small set for me. Only putting 3 duck eggs in. They will be a welsh harlequin (dad) crossed with a khaki campbell (mom). These will be fresh bloodlines in my flock.

I just arrived to the party. I set 20 this evening and came here to see if there was a HAL. I should have another dozen arriving tomorrow so I'll have a staggered hatch by a couple days.

I'm in lock down, temp holding steady at 97 and humidity at 70. Air cells are looking promising and movement in all eggs as of last night!!! I'm just waiting on the little peeps to start up from inside the shells

Back
Top Bottom