Thanksgiving~What your thankful for in poultry!

I'm thankful that my poultry have showed me different ways they can be used. They make amazing compost. They provide fresh eggs daily. They provide fertile eggs that I can incubate. They provide my family meat. They give me hours of entertainment. They provide me with physical therapy after infusions so I'm just not moping around the house. I have become physically healthier because of my chickens, I'm always outside working on something for them or carrying water buckets or feed buckets.

Yesterday was the first day I gave someone who means something to me eggs (my pulmonologist). I swear he was so thankful that we both almost had a cry fest!

I am thankful that my flock has had a very successful season so far, everyone is healthy and happy. We haven't had any losses to predators!

Also thankful I'm able to share my love for the birds with my friends here at BYC! Very thankful for everyone here that's always willing to lend advice and support!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Yah im a little sad because I have to leave my flock this thanksgiving. For Massachusetts. And will have no way of saying hi or responding to posts or making the cluckmazing fact on BYC. Or one of my favorite things greeting our new members! But family is important and im glad to see them :love

PS: Its only 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom