The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Ok, had to look up silver laced Orpintons. They look like silver laced Wyondotte to me.. I know, there will be some that go..NOT! But, then I saw this one!
chocolate-silver-laced-orpington-10.jpg
Love this color!
Silver laced Wyndottee ? How do you know when they are chicks?? I bought 2 golden laced wyns but 1 was a very dusty brown color. All the others were dark brown/black colored with the wine red dusting on heads but this baby was totally different.

Silver laced Wyndottee ? How do you know when they are chicks?? I bought 2 golden laced wyns but 1 was a very dusty brown color. All the others were dark brown/black colored with the wine red dusting on heads but this baby was totally different.
That looks like an Easter egger to me. I think I see pea comb, beard and darker legs.

Hello fellow hatchers.
Sorry I've been pretty busy so I didn't check in last week. Sorry also but I've failed to keep up with a that's going on also.

Here's a shot of some project Naked Necks I hatched on the 2nd of February.

These surprised me. I didn't expect the mottling on this generation, but it's a good surprise.
Sired by my Spangled Aloha rooster out of some Red NN hens.

Also from the same rooster out of Barred NN hens. They are Sexlinked. Notice the front one, it's the cockerel, he's barred but also looks like he's going to be mottled also. Can't really te on the pullets yet if they'll turn out mottled.

Back
Top Bottom